ender4

I’m going to this so hoping everything goes to plan and we win comfortably. On paper we are of course far better than them and probably one of the best teams in Europe at the moment (certainly at home) but we have to make sure we penetrate their low block, preferably with an early goal. We’ve been so ruthless in front of goal recently with so many potential goal scorers, I’m sure Luton are not looking forward to facing us. 

The last game I went to was Palace at home which was a frustrating game until the last 10 minutes. Hopefully it’s a lot more straightforward on Sunday. 

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

The last game I went to was Palace at home which was a frustrating game until the last 10 minutes. Hopefully it’s a lot more straightforward on Sunday. 

Yet one of the best 20 minutes of your life. What a **** game that was.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Yet one of the best 20 minutes of your life. What a **** game that was.

I had a clear view of Duran’s absolutely brilliant goal that day, scandalous it didn’t win goal of the month tbh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rubberman said:

Will need to be patient and make sure no complacency creeps in. As ever, if we can get an early goal the floodgates could open, but might find it a frustrating afternoon with them sitting back. 

Yes. We are hot shit no messing at the moment, but Luton will be on it - great  comeback in their last game  - and it's  well within our capability  to concede stupid and frustrating  goals still. If we go behind, expect a proper slog to get anything 

It might be smart for Digne to get a yellow card in this one meaning that he misses Fulham. I was surprised he didn't get one on purpose against Wet Spam so he'd miss Luton.

The biggest worry is Dougie is currently on 4 yellows. Next 1 and he misses a game (several of them have been absolutely bobbins too.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

What a polite and respectful podcast... welcome back Luton but you aint getting 2-2. We are defending 11 on the bounce 

Yeah I watched this. Really awesome podcast.

Fwiw, I don’t think this game will be easy.

This is going to be fascinating.

Losing to Luton would be THE most Aston Villa thing ever after this week. 

But Emery smashes these negative Villa foibles for fun. 

A true irresistible force meets an immovable object situation. 

Going to be fascinating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The bookies continue to offer relatively good value for Villa wins. Like you make twice as much money on villa beating Luton as you do on Arsenal beating Sheffield United. I really don't see the distinction between those two. We were also really good value away at Chelsea the last two times we played there. Which wasn't intrepid with current Villa or Chelsea in my opinion. 

• Like 1