ender4

It's bonkers how many people are pessimistic given what we see from villa at villa Park. Of course we could lose today but there's no basis to expect it.

The majority of the posts in the west ham and Brighton pre match threads were how they were both likely to get something. And we beat them 10-2. And they were about 5th in the league when we played them both as an average.

On 26/10/2023 at 20:16, Marka Ragnos said:

It's the little ones I worry about. We get awkward sometimes.

giphy.gif

Hmmm. If you look at how that video ends the Lion just snaps it between his teeth.  Bit of awkwardness followed by total slaughter. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Never been this confident before a game.

Well I was feeling confident before reading your post.  Now I'm worried that we're going to turn up and hammer them but end up losing 0-1 to a wicked deflection and a career highlight goalkeeping performance.

Just hope the players don't get complacent. On paper easy victory, but Luton could just park the bus, get battered by us, then get a lucky break and score. 1-0.

There are no real easy games in the league, these types of games are potential banana skins.

In some ways this could be harder than the West Ham match.  Expectations are high, fans predicting an absolute hammering, tempation for the players to feel over-confident on the back of two excellent wins in the last 7 days, etc.  I think Luton will be playing to get to 30-40 minutes at 0-0 and hoping that the crowd start to get impatient and our players start trying to push things too quickly.  I still expect a win - but I could see it being a nervous, low-key affair with maybe us getting a very late goal.  By the same token I can see us getting a couple of early goals and strolling to an easy win.  I don't think we will score loads as if we get 2 or 3 up then we're more likely to ease back, protect some legs and conserve some energy.  I'm going 3-1 (3-0 up and then conceding a silly goal and being put under a bit more pressure than we should with about 15 mins left).  I hope we get close to double figures though!

This game will be harbinger of games to come. 
Most teams from now on will come to VP with fear and will be delighted with a point. Only the likes of Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool will be indifferent to our home form. 

Im sure Emery is ready for the challenge.

1 minute ago, VillaBrum said:

I'd love to see how that developed

As I said earlier. Full video on YouTube shows it ending exactly how you would expect. Slaughter. 

Shame for the plucky upstart.