ender4

Think we have to give them plenty of respect and stay humble. Our worst 2 home performances this season have been when we thought that we only needed to turn up.......don't think Unai will stand for a repeat of those behaviours.....

• Like 2

we need to be humble with this one i think, Luton havent been "that bad" this season.

They arent shipping lots of goals most of the time or losing by cricket scores, they work very hard, are very physical and direct, and tbh in a fair few of their games they are only losing by the odd goal.

Yes they lost their first game 4-1 versus Brighton, and second game 3-0 versus Chelsea, but the other games have been fairly tight, 1-2 loss versus West Ham, 0-1 loss to Fulham, 1-1 draw with Wolves, 1-2 loss to Everton, 1-2 loss to Burnley, 0-1 loss to Spurs, 2-2 draw with Forest.

Their defence (conceded 17), isnt a million miles off reasonable compared to other teams this season, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, Fulham are in a similar ball park of goals conceded +/- 2, although granted they are averaging just under 1 goal scored per game.

If we dont respect this game we could easily have a banana skin.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yep, we really are poor against teams we think we will easily beat.

Everton? Bar a dodgy 10 minutes v Burnley after half time we pretty much cruised that and should've scored more than 3 goals.

We will be o.k, Luton give endless space infront of their back 4 so fancy Diaby to score his first VP goal.

• Like 1

Nervous for this one. Their fans hate us more than anything in the world and ever since we relegated them they've been waiting for nothing more than to get back here and get revenge. They'll be well up for it and if we're not on it from the first kick of the game we might-

Ah hold on, I'm being advised that Coventry City in fact lost the playoff final on penalties, lmao owned

Hopefully we can keep the winning run going here, would certainly take a more pragmatic, less spectacular win (like Forest at the end of last season) given the big week ahead

• Haha 2

Should be battering them.

We have traditionally struggled against newly promoted sides.

About time we show no mercy and shatter their confidence. Crushing their soul.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

coming back to Brum from Devon for this one with Mrs imavillan and 2 friends.

Got tickets for the Lower Grounds (don't boo or throw all sorts at me😉) It's the only way i can get 4 tickets together. 

Staying in Brum city centre on Sat and the Sun. 

A dirty viler drinking in town.............................mate

looking forward to it big time and while nothing is guaranteed, i would expect us to win it. 

I only boo them advertising it at half time, got nothing against the folk that buy them, even though I wish folk wouldn't buy them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I only boo them advertising it at half time, got nothing against the folk that buy them, even though I wish folk wouldn't buy them

for many of us who have moved away or live afar it's the only way

• Like 3

Taking my 9 year old daughter to her first game at VP. My first game was against Luton aged 10 in 1991......We lost 1-2.

Lower Grounds, the only way I could get 2 tickets together, cost an arm and a leg so hoping she eats well!

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 2