ender4

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Constant pessimism confirmed is being Marvin the paranoid android surely? Sounds awful to me... ;)

It was when it was being constantly confirmed. It does, thankfully, happen a lot less at the moment. 

Can't take anything for granted, though. 

The last 2 home games, we've battered 2 sides who are far better than Luton. 

I'm going for 3-0. They might make it tough for 20mins or so but we are now an excellent side, with a manager who adapts to what he sees happening on the pitch & we have better players than them with options off the bench. 

24 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The last 2 home games, we've battered 2 sides who are far better than Luton. 

I'm going for 3-0. They might make it tough for 20mins or so but we are now an excellent side, with a manager who adapts to what he sees happening on the pitch & we have better players than them with options off the bench. 

Playing against sides who as they are better fancied being quite attacking. Today is more likely to follow the pattern of the game against the Bosnian side, with fewer chances. An early goal for us would be massively important, but if not it could be very tight for a while and we may need to remain patient.

( Or we will win heavily, but predicting that is just inviting the dark arts)

I’ve just got a feeling luton will be overawed by the occasion, being away from the kenny. They will get caught on the transition as their fullbacks will push up and we have fantastic passers who will be able to spot the runs of Watkins, diaby and cash. If Pau can pick his passes today it could be a massacre!

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

The club shop doesn’t sell scarves? How much do they cost from the street sellers?

If you get there early the guy on Trinity Road will let you trade a cow and some magic beans! 

2 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

The club shop doesn’t sell scarves? How much do they cost from the street sellers?

£10 from street sellers.

The club shop is terrible, too busy to buy anything anyway. Can’t wait for a much bigger and better shop as part of the North stand rebuild.

We need to be careful today. Luton will play v v defensively: I worry it'll be a repeat of the Everton cup game. 

I know Luton aren't going to pull up any trees, but this is a test of how far we've come: a match we should win with ease, but also one where traditionally our players would struggle to get motivated. Time to see that we can get our tails up for the run of the mill games, as well as the big ones.

Time to show character and professionalism. We'll either grind out a 1-0 or batter them.