ender4

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be such a villa thing to do. I know we played a weaker side but eveeton in cup showed you cannot take any game for granted

I came to post the same thing. Win 11 at home in the league and then have it stopped by Luton....we have City & Arsenal at home in December. The streak can cease there if it has to please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be such a villa thing to do. I know we played a weaker side but eveeton in cup showed you cannot take any game for granted

I don't think we took it for granted.

People don't want to hear this but there is a massive gap between our reserves and first teamers. And I mean an absolutely collosal gap.

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

I came to post the same thing. Win 11 at home in the league and then have it stopped by Luton....we have City & Arsenal at home in December. The streak can cease there if it has to please.

Yea i agree if it was arsenal or city to end streak thats ok with me not luton! 👍 

Going to be knackered after AZ. Need to score early and control the game. Don’t want to be chasing something going into the second half or it could get tricky. Villa’s home form is common knowledge now so teams are likely to sit deep against us. Don’t want a repeat of that Bosnian outfit!

• Like 1

I'm scared. We simply have to win if we want to keep in touch with top 5.

The other games should have all the big boys winning as well...

Spurs vs Palace.

Chelsea vs Brentford.

Arsenal vs Sheffield.

Newcastle vs Wolves.

Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest.

Only the Manchester Derby has dropped points by someone.

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

They (at least, these guys) are not looking forward to this game.  

The people also gush over Villa Park and call Ollie Watkins "Elite" and the heir to Harry Kane's throne.  

Great watch! 

Well i only watched the first 15 mins as it was too long lol.

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think we took it for granted.

People don't want to hear this but there is a massive gap between our reserves and first teamers. And I mean an absolutely collosal gap.

It was a mentally problem imo, that was probably Luiz worst game for us for over a year. Constantly giving the ball away and slow in recovery, things you rarely see from him in premier league matches now where he's excellent most weeks.

I know the fanbase dosen't want to hear it but I don't think Emery was that bothered at all about league cup and it filtered through to the team on the night and Everton just wanted it more.

If you look at the fixture list we now have a week to prepare for Forest away after Luton and will also have a free week between Brentford away and Sheffield United at home.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

We like to play teams, who can also play.....Luton could be tricky, I see a lot of fight in them, could be tough on the back of a tough away euro tie.

We have scored four goals against two of the least footbally, most physical teams in the league in recent weeks with the visits of Everton and West Ham - I think we're pretty capable against teams of a number of different styles.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We have scored four goals against two of the least footbally, most physical teams in the league in recent weeks with the visits of Everton and West Ham - I think we're pretty capable against teams of a number of different styles.

I thought we struggled against Legia and Zrinjski, despite winning against the latter.

Everton, got the better of us in the cup and  tonights game, might be tricky too.

Its not a case of belittling our superb form, its a stark reminder of not getting carried away, and employing caution, to banana skins.

I still think we are more convincing, when teams want to go toe to toe in a football match......When they set out to negate our creativity, we are less convincing.

That is not a criticism, its meant to be an observation.

Newcastle had a similar issue last night....where Dortmund stopped them playing with their game plan.

We are not the only team with game plans.

We are doing fabulous, but other teams, will set up to stop our gallop....and we need to be wary of that.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought we struggled against Legia and Zrinjski, despite winning against the latter.

Everton, got the better of us in the cup and  tonights game, might be tricky too.

Its not a case of belittling our superb form, its a stark reminder of not getting carried away, and employing caution, to banana skins.

I still think we are more convincing, when teams want to go toe to toe in a football match......When they set out to negate our creativity, we are less convincing.

That is not a criticism, its meant to be an observation.

Newcastle had a similar issue last night....where Dortmund stopped them playing with their game plan.

We are not the only team with game plans.

We are doing fabulous, but other teams, will set up to stop our gallop....and we need to be wary of that.

Ah, actually, that makes a lot of sense - I think we're really good against teams that want to play free flowing football against us, and we're really good against aggressive, physical teams, but we can struggle against teams that defend technically well, with good positioning and technique who set out to make themselves difficult to break down - I think we saw that in both of the European games and especially against Legia who broke better when the opportunities allowed.

I don't agree that we struggle with physicality, I think if you want to try to out attack us or outfight us we'll take you on, but we struggle to breakdown a well organised defensive side.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, actually, that makes a lot of sense - I think we're really good against teams that want to play free flowing football against us, and we're really good against aggressive, physical teams, but we can struggle against teams that defend technically well, with good positioning and technique who set out to make themselves difficult to break down - I think we saw that in both of the European games and especially against Legia who broke better when the opportunities allowed.

I don't agree that we struggle with physicality, I think if you want to try to out attack us or outfight us we'll take you on, but we struggle to breakdown a well organised defensive side.

To be fair, most teams do....and its where patience is a virtue.

I think we are getting better with diverse styles, all part of the WIP....and it is something, I am particularly, being encouraged by....its making us more resolute.

The West Ham game had so many new and improving Nuances in our make up.....but teams will be setting up to scupper our progress, its inevitable.

Edited by TRO