ender4

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is gonna be like mostar

Gotta be patient and try break them down

Indeed, all over social media I've seen been confidently claiming well easily put 3, 4, 5 against them etc as if it's routine.

No wonder people.are often left dissappointed or underwhelmed, top level football don't work like this lol

Would be peak Villa to destroy good teams then get turned over by Luton though 😂

• Like 2

Right starting 11 for me. 

These players have earned another start with the performance against West Ham last week. 

I think we will need to be patient. Luton will look to sit in and attack on the break and from set pieces. 

Strong side should be too much for Luton. No disrespect to them and I’m expecting a tough game where patience may well be key. However, there’s every chance we could get an early goal and blow them away. Not saying we will but it’s possible.

Prediction? 3-0 Villa. Watkins, Diaby and Cash.  

The Sky Sports live commentary is quite good at the moment (largely thanks to Merson). 

"Aston Villa are a big club. They are doing really well at the moment. To win 11 games in a row at home is some achievement. I don't care who you are, it takes some doing.

"Unai Emery has done brilliantly since arriving at Villa Park. He's got them scoring goals, lots of goals. There are also goals all over the pitch.

"If Villa get into the top four, they will be pulling up massive trees. The manager will get knighted". 

"Villa are 10 points better off than at same stage last season and have scored 16 more goals. 

This is the most goals Villa have scored after their first nine games (23).

Nineteen points at this stage is the club's second-best return in the Premier League era after 1998/99 (21).".

"Aston Villa's astonishing run
Aston Villa haven't dropped a point at home in the Premier League since being beaten by Arsenal in February.

They've beaten 11 teams in a row:

March 4: Aston Villa 1-0 Crystal Palace
March 18: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth
April 8: Aston Villa 2-0 Nottingham Forest
April 15: Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle
April 25: Aston Villa 1-0 Fulham
May 13: Aston Villa 2-1 Tottenham
May 28: Aston Villa 2-1 Brighton
August 20: Aston Villa 4-0 Everton
September 16: Aston Villa 3-1 Crystal Palace
September 30: Aston Villa 6-1 Brighton
October 22: Aston Villa 4-1 West Ham"

In fairness Luton don’t get battered every week. They lost 4-1 to Brighton in their first game in the Premier league, Chelsea beat them 3-0 the following week.

Since then they haven’t conceded more than two in a game. Only lost to spurs 1-0.

That being said, this will probably be their hardest away game so far so hopefully the score is more like their opening two games.