ender4

Interesting stat: 

Villa rank sixth in the Premier League for attempted crosses with 158, although only Luton Town have successfully completed more crosses into the penalty area than Villa, with 21. 

Link

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah I watched this. Really awesome podcast.

Fwiw, I don’t think this game will be easy.

Oh it won't be easy by any stretch, but at home we are just different, hard to explain.. we score early and it could be 4 or 5 by half time. We are just that good at home.. but as others have said we could do a Villa and lose this one, but that's the old villa. That's not Emerys Villa

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It might be smart for Digne to get a yellow card in this one meaning that he misses Fulham. I was surprised he didn't get one on purpose against Wet Spam so he'd miss Luton.

The biggest worry is Dougie is currently on 4 yellows. Next 1 and he misses a game (several of them have been absolutely bobbins too.)

Would of been more prudent for those guys to do the obvious thing against West ham and miss Luton at Home over Forest away with respect. 

Edited by Kingman

38 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We are going to lose this, aren't we?

that's the spirit, we will lose, then our confidence will collapse, we will go on a bad losing streak, Emery will be sacked at christmas, the owners will lose interest and we'll be in receivership come summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It might be smart for Digne to get a yellow card in this one meaning that he misses Fulham. I was surprised he didn't get one on purpose against Wet Spam so he'd miss Luton.

The biggest worry is Dougie is currently on 4 yellows. Next 1 and he misses a game (several of them have been absolutely bobbins too.)

Both will miss Forest if booked tomorrow.

Don't really want either missing Spurs away, who even would we play at LB if Digne wasn't around?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

that's the spirit, we will lose, then our confidence will collapse, we will go on a bad losing streak, Emery will be sacked at christmas, the owners will lose interest and we'll be in receivership come summer.

The championship was so much better wasn't it?😉

Until we started drawing 1-1 with Huddersfield midweek infront of 32k at VP.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Both will miss Forest if booked tomorrow.

Don't really want either missing Spurs away, who even would we play at LB if Digne wasn't around?

The 2 options as I see it are play McGinn (bad option) or play Torres there with Carlos and Konsa central (my preferred)

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

The championship was so much better wasn't it?😉

Until we started drawing 1-1 with Huddersfield midweek infront of 32k at VP.

Championship was just fine. Wherever you don't lose all the time is fine.

28 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The 2 options as I see it are play McGinn (bad option) or play Torres there with Carlos and Konsa central (my preferred)

We really don't want to be doing any of that v Kuluveski, Son, Brennan Johnson etc.

Hopefully Moreno back in the squad is imminent as then he'd have an outside chance of perhaps being ready to start in 2-3 games time,

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

Then Villa Park will just begin to disintegrate in front of our eyes.

Oh wait, thats St. Andrews

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

We need to avoid complacency becoming an issue here. Emery of course won't be, I just hope the players won't be either.

This is my only worry for tomorrow. Interesting Emi saying they were complacent against Legia and it cost us.

• Like 1

I just do not see the team playing badly. Reason is that the tactics and style has been drilled into them . Its second nature now. Of course we can get beaten by a better team on the day.  But the attention to detail is huge now. And the 11 game winning streak is something that they will not want to let go of. 

If we play 7 or 8 of our normal starting 11 then i believe we win. 

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Championship was just fine. Wherever you don't lose all the time is fine.

Villa is much better than the Championship, we are back where we should be historically, top 5 in the country. And we don’t lose all the time thank you very much, under Emery we’ve won 21 times in the league and lost only 8 times.

Need to stop being negative man.