Jareth

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah the media really need to stop with this "big 6" crap. it's the only thing that really bothers me. i don't mind not being talked about in the context of a title race because we're not in it. but chelsea have been shit for 2 seasons now. they don't deserve to be in the "big 6" group now

Yeah agreed. The top 6 changes too much for it to be phrased as a top 6 or big 6.

That term just comes from the "big 4", which was legitimate because that top 4 was unchanged for a number of years. These days it's outdated

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well if you judge it like that then Leceister, Portsmouth, and Wigan are bigger clubs than us.

Since 1910

Wigan - one FA Cup = 1

Portsmouth - two leagues two Fa Cups = 4

Leicester - Three league cups one FA cup and one Premier League = 5

Aston Villa - one league title one FA Cup five league cups = 7

…and of course 1982

if we can’t get it right how can we expect the media to bother?

Edited by MarkLillis

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

There are literally peer-reviewed research papers on the topic of conscious and unconscious agendas if you care to look.  Anyway I’m definitely out of this discussion now, you somehow pulled me back in but I have to log off now so I’m definitely off.

off you go..clipart.jpg

Edited by TRO

The graphic it showed on Sky of the top 3 after yesterday's match did irk me a little given we are where we are, same points as Man City, and just 3 behind Arsenal (having beaten them both this season) and having all 3 of the top 3 to play. I think it's a bit disrespectful and no way would United or Chelsea have been excluded like we were/are.

But that said, I prefer it that way, and I think that will work better for Emery and the players too, the less we are talked about the better chance we have of causing an upset.

On Skybet we are currently 66/1, Spurs are 50/1, Arsenal 11/2, Liverpool 9/4 And City 4/6. 

Of course I don't think we will win it, but I do think we can be classed as been "in the race"..  For now.

City have played two games less than us. They're quite good at winning games too, so I don't think this is a 'bird in the hand' situation. We're not going to win the title, but they might.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah agreed. The top 6 changes too much for it to be phrased as a top 6 or big 6.

That term just comes from the "big 4", which was legitimate because that top 4 was unchanged for a number of years. These days it's outdated

They are not call the ‘top 6’, they are the ‘big 6’ because they have far and away the biggest revenue and spending power in the country. 

That is not going to change anytime soon. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are not call the ‘top 6’, they are the ‘big 6’ because they have far and away the biggest revenue and spending power in the country. 

I'm just waiting for 'Statistically Superior 8'. 

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The greedy 6.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bose said:

We are 4th. Pointswise we’re just as close to 1st as we are to 6th.

Let’s go.

Btw I know we’re not going to win the league but we’re doing all right!

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Had Pau and Konsa stayed fit we would, in my opinion, be about 2 or 3 points better off than we are right now. Certainly feel we would have got something at Old Trafford with Pau and  likewise at home against Man Utd with Konsa.

Or even Kamara avoiding that red. We probably beat Sheffield United and don't collapse against United.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's nuts that the top 3 have took 53 of their last available 57 points. We're still only 3 points behind Arsenal right now.

Hoping for a Sheffield miracle even though it's probably literally a million to one. Even 6 behind Arsenal is a great effort.

2 losses to United and the Sheffield United game really cost us.

We genuinely should be in the thick of this. Obviously we aren't and we lost games we shouldn't have, I'm absolutely ecstatic with our performance this season so far - but it is difficult not to think "What if?"

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's nuts that the top 3 have took 53 of their last available 57 points. We're still only 3 points behind Arsenal right now.

We took 3 of the 4 dropped points off two of them