Jareth

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

If Arsenal doesn't win they have worse last 6 form than us

And 8 points behind Liverpool. Yet still ahead of us.

Edited by ender4

I feel it should almost go without saying that we must strive for the title. Yes, we all know it's a reach, but at our level, not striving gets us nothing, holds no advantages, offers us direction and a glittering prize.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I feel it should almost go without saying that we must strive for the title. Yes, we all know it's a reach, but at our level, not striving gets us nothing, holds no advantages, offers us direction and a glittering prize.

One game at a time...with 9th March circled in the calendar. That's the game.

If that puts us in the title picture, all good.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yep. It really is a case of if we want to punch a man in the face, aim for the back of his head. 

If we carry ourselves like title challengers and hold those expectations, a miss will see us in the CL spots. 

No limits under Unai Emery

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Yep. It really is a case of if we want to punch a man in the face, aim for the back of his head. 

If we carry ourselves like title challengers and hold those expectations, a miss will see us in the CL spots. 

No limits under Unai Emery

I agree, although I want Liverpool to beat Arsenal today because I still think Arsenal are vulnerable for a top 4 place.  I know that will put us further behind Liverpool but I’d love to keep Arsenal down as I think they could wobble especially with Arteta in charge.  I think they are in the mix with us and Spurs than in the mix with Liverpool and City.

• Like 2

A draw would be a good result for us today if we're serious about a title race. It's also a pretty good result for the champions league race, even though a Liverpool win is better in that respect.

Draws with teams taking points off each off are what we want to hope for in these games though, and then we have the chance to make ground in two teams as long as we do our business. 

Title race far from over,  but I can't really see past a Liverpool v Man City shootout.

• Like 2

Looking at the table, although we all know it's incredibly unlikely, we really are still in the race technically. Until we drop seven or eight points or more back I think there's still an outside chance. Nobody is pulling away (yet).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Looking at the table, although we all know it's incredibly unlikely, we really are still in the race technically. Until we drop seven or eight points or more back I think there's still an outside chance. Nobody is pulling away (yet).

We are in it until we’re not, quite simple. Currently we are in the mix. Hypothetically if we go on a run from September to December, again, we could potentially be top of the league by seven or eight points.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Maybe I read all the wrong papers and listen to all the wrong pods, but all I see today after Arse's win is "it's now a three-way title race." Villa aren't even mentioned. It irritates me, but then I come to my senses: Would I really want it any other way?

Keep ignoring Villa, please. Keep underrating our chances. Keep discounting our potential, please. Better to stay under radar and low key -- while we fight like hell to win.

• Like 2

Top 5 will still be amazing, but the problem is, if we miss out on top 5 it'll most likely be because Tottenham and man U are above us. Lets pray and hope we have put that little slump behind us.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Maybe I read all the wrong papers and listen to all the wrong pods, but all I see today after Arse's win is "it's now a three-way title race." Villa aren't even mentioned. It irritates me, but then I come to my senses: Would I really want it any other way?

Keep ignoring Villa, please. Keep underrating our chances. Keep discounting our potential, please. Better to stay under radar and low key -- while we fight like hell to win.

It was the same in 1981 Mate. The moment they woke up to the fact we might win it we did 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1