Jareth

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

City must be third favourites now. 

They will win the league. I can't see any other outcome tbh. Liverpool will run them close but I can't see Arsenal getting enough wins to stop Abu Dhabi stealing another title. 

It's all so predictable.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Liverpool have the hardest run-in also. Arsenal's is tricky. City's easy.

Yep that's why I can't see how they can be stopped. I know they drew today, but I actually think they could win all their games from now on. The only obvious potential stumble is Spurs away, but Spurs have a difficult schedule over that period so even that's not a given. Hopefully they smash them to bits but it's a tricky game for them.

I actually think Liverpool will drop points at Man United and VP. Maybe even West Ham.

It will be close but the farce will continue with yet another trophy or 3.

Edited by GlobalVillan

42 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I think we might do City this week, and if we do, I'm gonna start believing 

If we win every game remaining this season we still wouldn’t win the league. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we win every game remaining this season we still wouldn’t win the league. 

You seem to know an awful lot about future football results. Neither Arsenal nor Man City won today. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Man city's record has actually been pretty poor against the "bigger" teams this year so anything could happen Wednesday night

If we didn't have half a team out injured, including a few of our absolutely key players, then we would have a fighting chance of getting a point or even doing the unthinkable and winning at their soulless, blood stained stadium. But we DO have several key and more importantly, irreplaceable players out so I expect them to beat us convincingly barring a miracle.

Even if that miracle happened and we won there , I still think they will win the league as I think Liverpool and Arsenal will come up short given their respective fixtures.

At least there is a 3 way title race this season so I suppose that's a positive! That hasn't happened for a while.

It's also worth noting that since we have to play all 3 of them, we may have a say on which one of them wins it. Especially as we have Liverpool 2nd last game!.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

You seem to know an awful lot about future football results. Neither Arsenal nor Man City won today. 

You don't have to know about football results to do basic maths.

If we won every game we'd finish on 83 points. There's no way all three of Liverpool, City and Arsenal won't get more than that. It's only 16 points for liverpool for example. 5 wins and a draw out of 9 games for a team in a title race is chicken feed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Man city's record has actually been pretty poor against the "bigger" teams this year so anything could happen Wednesday night

Haven’t beaten any team in the top 5…

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

As funny as some posts are regarding us genuinely winning the league, i hope the players are looking up and not down. 

Had we beaten Man United twice, like we should have, we would be right among it now (not to mention Sheff United at home or Forest away).

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Had we beaten Man United twice, like we should have, we would be right among it now (not to mention Sheff United at home or Forest away).

If VAR hadn't incorrectly ruled out Bailey’s goal against Sheff U we win that game comfortably

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You don't have to know about football results to do basic maths.

If we won every game we'd finish on 83 points. There's no way all three of Liverpool, City and Arsenal won't get more than that. It's only 16 points for liverpool for example. 5 wins and a draw out of 9 games for a team in a title race is chicken feed

Not that we’re going to win all of our games of course, but if we did then it’s already down to 16 points needed from 8 matches for liverpool not 9. With Man Utd, the holding hands derby. Tottenham, and West Ham away in there, that sounds possible.

17 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Not that we’re going to win all of our games of course, but if we did then it’s already down to 16 points needed from 8 matches for liverpool not 9. With Man Utd, the holding hands derby. Tottenham, and West Ham away in there, that sounds possible.

It might be possible for one of the teams in the top 3 to drop those points. It might even be possible for two to do it. 

But for 3 teams to drop that many points that 83 would win it is so unlikely it’s not worth considering. 

Put in a calculator where we beat all of Liverpool/Arsenal/City and winning every other match but drew against Chelsea. Even winning the 6 pointers would be tough as the rest of the sides have relatively easy run-ins.

image.png.5a66f973301de7ce39da8bfcee5e3b1a.png

Edited by DJBOB

On 01/04/2024 at 17:41, DJBOB said:

Put in a calculator where we beat all of Liverpool/Arsenal/City and winning every other match but drew against Chelsea. Even winning the 6 pointers would be tough as the rest of the sides have relatively easy run-ins.

image.png.5a66f973301de7ce39da8bfcee5e3b1a.png

Well that’s depressing. (though what gives me hope is the crazy results you must’ve given Chelsea to get them to rank so high)

i was going to put, hypothetically if we somehow win tonight, which I don’t think we will but who knows, would the media include us back in the title race talk.