Pre - Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 37

TheAuthority

22 minutes ago, andym said:

Needs a strong performance to make up for Thursday, but Palace at home was not dreadful for 88 minutes.

We absolutely dominated the first half, had 4 excellent chances to score, plus having one disallowed for straying offside by inches, while not giving Palace a sniff.

Can't afford to be passing up great chances away at Chelsea though.

Fair. I thought we looked slightly disconnected in a few areas and it looked like one of those games where we’d struggle to put the ball into the net. I get we dominated in terms of possession and chances etc, but you’d almost expect that anyway. 

We ain't winning this.

The long running post European night Sunday misfire. The away form. Can't keep clean sheets and defence is all over the shop. Chelsea have a bad record to clear. Historically we do terribly at Stamford Bridge.

This is going to be rough. Kill for a point.

• Like 2

The stars are too fixed in misfortune for us to get anything today.

Chelsea haven't beaten a top side since WW2

Our poor away form

We played in Europe Thursday and rested half the team and got schooled

Rested 1st eleven now returns to get battered 

Put your mortgage on it

Edited by Adman
Typo

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

How the mood has changed, lately we have all been high as kites. But all pretty somber today so its stands to reason that we get a win 

Don't know why tbh. Great manager, great team. Looking forward to the game!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We ain't winning this.

The long running post European night Sunday misfire. The away form. Can't keep clean sheets and defence is all over the shop. Chelsea have a bad record to clear. Historically we do terribly at Stamford Bridge.

This is going to be rough. Kill for a point.

We won there all of six months ago.

First 20 minutes we sat in and then red hot Ollie took his one on one chance. Need that sort of chance to fall to Diaby currrently.

Then Chelsea missed a few chances and McGinn hit the screamer from edge of the box and the game (and Graham Potter was finished).

We were still bottom half at this point aswell.

It's been an indifferent start but we are actually 7th so gives you indication of strength of premier league below 6th this season.

• Like 1

They have been in bad form for quite a while now but they still have some very good players. Particularly wary of Sterling against Digne and also Mudryk's pace in behind our high line. Jackson could cause Torres problems too.

We have a chance, but I'm finding it hard to be optimistic what with the way we're defending this season.

Think I'd take a draw.