Pre - Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 37

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m feeling quite despondent to be honest, just don’t see us winning :(  

Chin up, I got hit by a car on my work ride yesterday followed by 13 hours of Italian hospital. Trust me, it can get worse, the Emery villa project will continue to be a great and beautiful thing even if we get turned over at the bridge.

• Sad 1

The Chelsea fans are even more despondent, the majority on their forum are not optimistic at all. Some seeing a draw against Villa as a win, and mostly complementary of our ability to score goals. Which is a massive plus for us, we are as close to guaranteed goals. If only we can start keeping them out! 

I’d settle for a draw but I’m hoping we can learn some defensive lessons and take our chances to catch Chelsea cold and get the points. It would be nice to keep pace with the top 7 while we find our best form. 

39 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Chin up, I got hit by a car on my work ride yesterday followed by 13 hours of Italian hospital. Trust me, it can get worse, the Emery villa project will continue to be a great and beautiful thing even if we get turned over at the bridge.

Hope you’re okay mate!

Perspective is important. There’s always someone in a worse position, some people have BCFC tattoos for example. 

• Haha 2

On 21/09/2023 at 22:00, Tayls said:

We‘ll be playing them soon… 

Looked through your last 50 (yes 50) posts. 

Not one of them has a shred of positivity for a side that after all's said and done are currently in 7th. 

Maybe stay away from the troll juice for a bit fella. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Looked through your last 50 (yes 50) posts. 

Not one of them has a shred of positivity for a side that after all's said and done are currently in 7th. 

Maybe stay away from the troll juice for a bit fella. 

Ok.

Are you suggesting I don’t post my opinions on a forum designed for people to post their opinions? If you don’t like it, move past it surely. You don’t have to respond to it.  

And they aren’t all negative anyway. I’m very positive about this current team. Maybe ask me what my true opinions are rather than just picking up on my reactionary posts. (Which admittedly I do sometimes post for the lols depending on how the thread is going). 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Ok.

Are you suggesting I don’t post my opinions on a forum designed for people to post their opinions? If you don’t like it, move past it surely. You don’t have to respond to it.  

Not to answer for Steero, he'll have his own thoughts, but I've thought similar, often seems like we're only a bad result away from you thinking we're doomed, I'm sure you were talking about the relegation zone a couple of games ago.

You're obviously free to post whatever you like within the forum rules but things are currently as good for the club as they've been for at least 15 years, so if you're still constantly doom and gloom, and you're not getting anything positive out of it, it might be time to take a break from it 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not to answer for Steero, he'll have his own thoughts, but I've thought similar, often seems like we're only a bad result away from you thinking we're doomed, I'm sure you were talking about the relegation zone a couple of games ago.

You're obviously free to post whatever you like within the forum rules but things are currently as good for the club as they've been for at least 15 years, so if you're still constantly doom and gloom, and you're not getting anything positive out of it, it might be time to take a break from it 

Yep. Can’t stand it when it we lose. Can’t stand it when a player doesn’t look bothered (Kamara over the past few games, not just one - rumours are he wanted to leave over the summer). I’ve very little patience for it now. 
Yes I did joke about relegation after the Newcastle defeat, although saying that I thought we looked absolutely dreadful…in fact I still believe we look poor… Newcastle, Liverpool and Legia have uncovered a number of issues, In my opinion. 

So far this season we’ve bounced back with wins after we’ve been beaten. Don’t see why we can’t do that again.

Chelsea are terrible, they’ve only beaten Luton this season. We’ve nothing to be afraid of playing them, they’re shit.

• Like 1

Chelsea have only scored something like 5 goals across 5 games and 3 of them were against Luton.

Somehow Jackson has an xG of 3 or 4 but only scored once so they are creating chances.

Edited by AshVilla

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Chelsea have only scored something like 5 goals across 5 games and 3 of them were against Luton.

Somehow Jackson has an xG of 3 or 4 but only scored once so they are creating chances.

Would be very villa for them to suddenly click tomorrow against us!

• Like 1

We could really do with an early goal tomorrow, get their fans on their backs and put the momentum in our favour. We always seem to do well in those circumstances. I fear it Chelsea score early then they’ll suddenly find masses of confidence and go on to batter us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Oh I’m sorry mate, how are you doing? Hope you’re ok?

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh I’m sorry mate, how are you doing? Hope you’re ok?

All good ta, couple of fractured ribs and some bumps and scrapes, gives me an excuse to lie on the sofa and watch villa tomorrow anyway :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I reckon Ramsey will start tomorrow. We’ve really been missing his drive and energy.

Be good to have him tracking Sterling as well when Digne loses him on his blind side. 

Starting might be too soon. Would be great to see him and Moreno back for some minutes tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Starting might be too soon. Would be great to see him and Moreno back for some minutes tomorrow.

Could be, but he was fit throughout the summer until his injury and he got 30 minutes on Thursday. I reckon we could get 60 minutes out of him. I’m worried about Digne being left exposed. 

39 minutes ago, romavillan said:

All good ta, couple of fractured ribs and some bumps and scrapes, gives me an excuse to lie on the sofa and watch villa tomorrow anyway :D

Keep your chin up mate, unless that hurts, in which case keep it down.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We could really do with an early goal tomorrow, get their fans on their backs and put the momentum in our favour. We always seem to do well in those circumstances. I fear it Chelsea score early then they’ll suddenly find masses of confidence and go on to batter us.

Well we've started ridiculously slow at all of Newcastle, Liverpool and and Warsaw so you'd think we'd be ultra focused tomorrow even if it's a case of extreme low block and just get to 0-0 at half time and take things from there.

Forest did exactly that and got a reasonably comfortable 1-0 in the end.

I keep referencing Spurs away when I think of us in the early days under UE. First half we barely crossed the halfway line but Spurs didn't do much either and then we lifted the tempo start of second and came away with a very comfortable 2-0 in the end. Exact template is needed tomorrow rather than pushing FBs miles up the pitch early on and leaving endless space for someone like Sterling to run into.

Emery is world class coach as we all know so I just can't believe he'll be setting us up in that way. It will be handbrake on and see what we can create on the break.

If we get a draw its 10 points from first 6 so we're on course for another 60 + point season so it's really no disaster.

• Like 2