Pre - Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 37

TheAuthority

Need to see a massive improvement now after tonight's performance. Kamara and McGinn lucky to start.

Martinez

Cash.      Konsa.       Pau.        Moreno.

McGinn.    Luiz.    Kamara.      Ramsey.

Diaby.      Watkins.

Olsen, Digne, Lenglet, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Bailey, Duran, Zaniolo, anyone but Chambers. 

I want to see DESIRE, FIGHT, PASSION. 

3 hours ago, Zero7 said:

That’s the spirit 

Tuco is dreaming of Rotherham away again by looks of it.

When did Chelsea last score 4 goals in a prem match? If we're shipping that amount to them we really will be having problems in the defence all season rather than when we just chop and change the backline.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Need to see a massive improvement now after tonight's performance. Kamara and McGinn lucky to start.

Martinez

Cash.      Konsa.       Pau.        Moreno.

McGinn.    Luiz.    Kamara.      Ramsey.

Diaby.      Watkins.

Olsen, Digne, Lenglet, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Bailey, Duran, Zaniolo, anyone but Chambers. 

I want to see DESIRE, FIGHT, PASSION. 

Wasn't Moreno again an unused sub tonight? I really can't see him on the back of 0 minutes since mid May suddenly been thrown in against Sterling.

Everton is more realistic game for him to start, probably Ramsey aswell.

Aside from that probably the team we'll pick with possibly Bailey getting the nod although we see his usual standard away. Zaniolo is getting there but against this type of opponent he might keep giving the ball away unnecessarily. 

Maybe we'll go 3 at the back instead as Chelsea might play that formation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Tuco is dreaming of Rotherham away again by looks of it.

When did Chelsea last score 4 goals in a prem match? If we're shipping that amount to them we really will be having problems in the defence all season rather than when we just chop and change the backline.

Tuco was very very angry. Tuco is ok now.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

We are too easy to score against away from home this season. We have conceded 11 goals in three of our away games. Don't care how bad Chelsea are playing if we don't tighten up we will loose 

Yup.

Really disappointing last night, but can see why Emery made made several changes from the Palace game. We can’t basically play the same eleven for possibly 60 games this season. I understand some players would have lacked match sharpness, but the basics were really lacking and from players that know better. These weren’t youngsters, but what should be good squad options.

Anyway, I fully expect Emery to return to pretty much his tried and trusted. Ramsey looked sharp and did some good things on his return and think we can get 60 minutes plus out of him. I honestly can’t see Moreno starting when he hasn’t played any competitive minutes since May. Cash and Pau back in is a given.

McGinn, Kamara, Watkins and Digne do need to step up for this one or could find themselves either being subbed or benched soon. Zaniolo and Duran can consider themselves very unlucky not to start, but they’ll be in Emery’s thinking during the second half and I expect them both to start again in the cup game next week.

We could certainly do with Carlos being back fit and Moreno getting some minutes here. I’m not confident of keeping a clean sheet in any game right now, but the return of Ramsey will help to tighten us up a bit I’m sure:

Martinez

Cash         Konsa              Pau       Digne                                    

Kamara       Luiz                    

McGinn                       Ramsey   

Diaby          Watkins 

Subs:  Olsen, Marshall, Chambers, Lenglet, Moreno, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Zaniolo, Duran. 

As said previously, I’m not confident of keeping a clean sheet and don’t expect us to get one here, but I can certainly see us scoring. Chelsea seem to be in a mess still and aren’t fluid at all.

I’m going with a 2-2 draw here.  UTV

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's some mad stat about the length of time it's been since Chelsea beat a top half side.

Yep ...

It'll be day 521 when we turn up.