Pre - Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 37

TheAuthority

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it's been in excess of 500 days since they've beaten a team in the top half of the table at the time of playing them.

Doing my best to battle intrusive, inherently-pessimistic Villa fan thoughts since I've heard that one.

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Might be a mistake to underestimate this lot at their place...

They're supposedly playing well but are ruing missed chances. I wouldn't underestimate a Poch team. It'd be typical for it to all click for them against us.

• Like 2

We'll have far more to change off the bench than what they have, that's a huge plus and shows where both clubs are currently.

One of those games where I'd be disappointed with a point but take it given the two bad results we've had away from home.

1-1 as we will probably lack some energy in the last 20 (plus the 10 minutes that will inevitably get added on if Chelsea aren't winning).

They can't beat anyone (except Luton but everyone beats them). 

They have 25 points from 28 games in 2023. For comparison we have 52 points from 27 games. 

They haven't beaten a top half team this calendar year.

They have spent a billion quid on their squad but you wouldn't know it when looking at their players.

Despite all that spending, I'd say only 4 of their players get into our team (James, Chilwell, Nkunku and at a push Enzo) and two of those are injured. 

We should be looking to win there for the second season on the bounce. Draw at worst. If we lose to Chelsea after they can't beat the likes of Bournemnouth and Forest then we are back to the Villa of old (and I'm hoping that Villa has disappeared forever). We play Thursday night but with Ramsey and Moreno back and supposedly ready we should have enough to cope. 

Their results have been poor but they haven’t actually been playing that badly. Anybody that thinks we’ll win this based on their results so far might be in for a disappointment.  On form we should do them. But they are not as bad as fans are making out and will only get better under Poch.

• Like 1