Pre - Match Thread Cup Final 5 of 37

TheAuthority

Not sure if Chelsea have the ability to press like Newcastle and Liverpool did, so we may not suffer in that respect.

However, despite Chelsea being shit, they do have players that can take a chance if we offer them up as easily as we have been. 

I always go into a match against Chelsea with a feeling we can get something and normally I'd be feeling a 2-1 win for us is on the cards. 

Can't lose the nagging feeling that we'll ship two/three easy goals and leave ourselves stranded before we get a goal towards the end. 

Great to see JJ on the bench, hopefully, he will see some minutes. Can't have many complaints about the XI all things considered. There's enough attacking threat to score today. We need to end our terrible away form. Nor should we fear this Chelsea team.

28 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Digne will get some help from McGinn but Sterling can still be unplayable if he can be arsed. Hoped Moreno would get at least half an hour.

I assumed Digne would start today and probably Moreno against Everton.

given how fragile our defence has been, best opt for stability and fewer changes.

fingers crossed.

UTV

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The high line is how we play, it's like playing out from the back, like it or not, it's here to stay. Chelsea being more of a possession side might help us with that, we struggle with the better breakaway sides. 

Centre of Kamara, Luiz and McGinn should be solid enough.

The centre midfield will be fascinating - they've got Gallagher and two fellas that cost them £220m - and I don't think they're any better than our three.

It will be if Kamara and McGinn play like they have been recently.

Those two (and Watkins) need to step it up big time today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Let's hope the team click and do what we know they can today. Need to beat these lot as step kids and mother in law are chelski, so need to shut them up.

Shut them up? Surely they'd be as silent as a library given how poor Chelsea have been for over a year now?

(I know what you mean really)

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Shut them up? Surely they'd be as silent as a library given how poor Chelsea have been for over a year now?

(I know what you mean really)

Last year after tuchel went they were quiet except  beating us. 

Need the quiet to continue and them not to beat us 🤣

• Like 1