Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Our defenders are terrified. Cash and Digne are shitting themselves when anyone runs at them. 

Yeah Digne really should have took the ball after Trent’s heavy touch but was just backing off instead of engaging before giving away that corner. Liverpool are formidable at home but we’ve been extremely passive today and been rightfully punished

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Do you think? I think they look at 50%, nothing special.

I meant that Liverpool deserve credit for how poor we’ve looked. I don’t think they’re a pretty side but I don’t recall seeing a team strangle us as much as this. They’ve been everywhere and they’ve been relentless. 

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

We're playing high-risk, high-reward football and we're gonna get picked off at times by good teams - especially away from home. And when we go down and take even more risk, we're gonna open ourselves up to some hammerings.

It's winning us more points than not since Emery has arrived and we have lost several key players to big injuries.

We've won eight in a row at home or something and conceded two goals.

Unless you're actually at the ground, which no one in this thread is, there's really no need to get so wound up by these results until they happen against teams we *shouldn't* be losing to.

a lot of people on this site, including myself have ST's, we go to enough games.....Emery i think is clever enough to be able to tailor the tactics to the teams....i think going forward he will do that now as he has seen these players cant play the way he envisions and therefore will adapt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I only went to get  a can of beer and its 3, if I pour it away will we get one back 

Probably not but if you see that one and the rest you have in the fridge off you might be able to forget villa played today entirely.

• Haha 1