January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't want to sell Duran, as he has similar attributes to Drogba and could be a world class player eventually. The fact that Chelsea are hoovering up all the promising young talent and are interested just confirms my thoughts. The caveat is that maybe we don't have a choice if Duran has fallen out with Emery and wants to leave. 

Chelsea have thrown a lot of big money at some pretty average players.  I'm not sure that their recent record speaks volumes about how great players are / or how great they are going to be.

I'm not saying that I don't think that Duran could go on to be a very good player (not convinced about becoming world class) - just that holding up possible interest from Chelsea isn't quite the slam dunk that it could be.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

No thanks, he had his chance.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

No thanks, he had his chance.

Everyone deserves a third chance.

I'm not that bothered about Broja but for us to give up on someone with Duran's potential quality, he must be an absolute dickhead and I bet Unai cringes when he sees his behaviour on public display on the pitch.  Hopefully I'm wrong or he wakes up and sees what an opportunity he has here and stays.

20 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Last minute cheeky bid for Marcus Rashford ?

I know this is probably a joke suggestion but.......in a heartbeat. but could never afford him. he needs to get away from utd - its a toxic relationship.

get the lad a new start elsewhere and he could be brilliant again. just a shame his salary will price him out of 99% of clubs 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I know this is probably a joke suggestion but.......in a heartbeat. but could never afford him. he needs to get away from utd - its a toxic relationship.

get the lad a new start elsewhere and he could be brilliant again. just a shame his salary will price him out of 99% of clubs 

Yes it was really, but you never know... Clearly fallen out with Ten Hag, not happy at Utd, location wise we're not too far from Alderly Edge around where  he probably lives.. (Have no idea where he actually lives)..

I agree probably way out of our price range re wages, and probably fee, but loan to the end of the season ? maybe ?

Not one current Man U player would improve the Villa team. I’d rather have sex with Maggie Thatcher and she’s dead.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Not one current Man U player would improve the Villa team. I’d rather have sex with Maggie Thatcher and she’s dead.

I think for the first time you almost posted something that made sense footballing related then followed with the usual weird wtf moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

needs to change his accent, to join us.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I think the hyperbole to support the point was a bit wacko.

• Like 1

Just change of topic from sex with corpses…sorry for interrupting but looks like my diary outlook got updated with Chelsea cup game for Weds 7th at 8pm.  Haven’t seen anything official from the club yet, have I missed it?

edit: checked the official website and list of matches and it’s there now.  Surprised I haven’t received the email about it.  Guess they are working out pricing

Edited by nick76