January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Can’t remember if we’re linked with him or a fan wanted him but he was all set for Spurs but Brentford have sneaked in and sealed the deal almost. A lot of potential.

Was pondering whether Rowe & Rogers is better for us but this kid from all reports is gunna be a top quality player if he continues to develop as he’s doing …  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Was pondering whether Rowe & Rogers is better for us but this kid from all reports is gunna be a top quality player if he continues to develop as he’s doing …  

Suppose it depends whether Unai sees JPB coming back in the summer. 

• Like 1

So the question I have is, if we can't afford to spend big right now, how tf can Brentford? €30m on a striker in January when Toney's just come back, really? Their revenues have to be pittance compared to the top 6

Edited by est1874

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So the question I have is, if we can't afford to spend big right now, how tf can Brentford? €30m on a striker in January when Toney's just come back, really? Their revenues have to be pittance compared to the top 6

What's their profit and loss last 3 seasons? That's what's relevant. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Maybe because they  will sell Toney for £70m or so now or (more likely) in the summer 

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Maybe because they  will sell Toney for £70m or so now or (more likely) in the summer 

Agreed, it will probably be nearer £100m though. 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Last published accounts:

Revenue - Brentford £148m, Villa £178m.

Wages - Brentford  £68m, Villa £137m. 

• Like 2

I'd be hopeful of Traore getting a loan to end of season at least. He will have options in Turkey for sure. 

Chambers though might be difficult. He'll not want to go on Loan to Championship. I'd be hopeful Hause can find a loan though, he badly needs one

From David Ornstein's Transfer Guide this morning:

On Jacob Ramsey

A player generating concrete interest is Villa midfielder Jacob Ramsey, with the England Under-21 international catching the attention of numerous clubs in both England and abroad.

Newcastle United have made an approach for the 22-year-old as they attempt to bolster Eddie Howe’s side, although unless they manage to achieve a significant sale, he is likely to be beyond reach.

Tottenham Hotspur and Bayern Munich are also among the sides to have made their admiration for Ramsey clear, so if Villa opt to let the academy graduate exit they will not be short of takers.

That is a big ‘if’ because Ramsey has established himself as a key player and ideally this would not be a consideration. But funds must be raised before the end of June to stay compliant with profit and sustainability rules and that has alerted suitors, who believe offers above £50million will at least be contemplated.

Should Villa decide to keep Ramsey, there are other ways in which the money could be found.

On Jhon Duran

One way is via the sale of Jhon Duran. The Colombia striker joined Villa last January but has struggled for game time and goals. Unai Emery is not the biggest fan but Chelsea do like him.

Duran, 20, is viewed by the west London team as possessing vast potential and they have held dialogue about possibly doing a deal — provided the price reduces to a level they deem fair.

The prospect may be complicated by the ex-Chicago Fire forward being injured, however that does not completely rule out a switch as Duran would be seen mainly as a talent for the future.

Edited by Wes
  • Thanks 1

I did wonder if Bayern might come in for him and we would listen to offers.  Not so much other PL teams though.  The whole FFP thing is stupid in that we might have to look at this kind of deal to stay compliant when we are in no financial difficulty whatsoever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I did wonder if Bayern might come in for him and we would listen to offers.  Not so much other PL teams though.  The whole FFP thing is stupid in that we might have to look at this kind of deal to stay compliant when we are in no financial difficulty whatsoever.

I'd already be loathe to sell him,  but if we sold him to the likes of Tottenham or Newcastle I'd probably enter meltdown territory.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John said:

Agreed, it will probably be nearer £100m though. 

He's 28, and doesn't have champions league experience. 100m is too much. 70 - 80, maybe some performance related adds. 

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He's 28, and doesn't have champions league experience. 100m is too much. 70 - 80, maybe some performance related adds. 

Normally maybe but there is a derth of options atm; Definitely that would satisfy the home grown quota too.

Complete sellers market and 100m seems to be the new asking price for anyone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He scores PL goals and Brentford will want top dollar for him, I wouldn't think he will go for less than £90m and the clubs that will be in for him won't quibble over what is "spare change" for the likes of them.