January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Be great if we could get both Rowe & Rogers. Rowe looks as good as Eze did at QPR and Roger’s looks like he can be moulded into Watkins 2.0 so room for both for sure FFP dependent. 

Rodgers hasn’t got the pace to stretch defences like Watkins.

30 minutes ago, WHY said:

Rodgers hasn’t got the pace to stretch defences like Watkins.

Yeah heard Neil and Paddy discussin This on their podcast earlier.

Saying he's not a " quick " forward by any means, but a player who can hold up play and find incisive balls and finish etc 

So " different " to what we have, which is ok imo

• Like 1

Rogers isn't a speed merchant, but also he isn't slow by any means, I'd say similar to Ramsey in that respect, and like Ramsey can run faster with the ball than most.

I consider Rogers we would see more in the Ramsey and Buendia roles than where Watkins plays, and he's kind of a mix of Ramsey and Buendia as a player, can run with the ball very well and has good balance, but also he's got technical ability and vision like a No.10.

I saw someone compare him to Jude Bellingham, obviously not as good, but I could see where they were coming from in terms of having similar qualities

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Rogers isn't a speed merchant, but also he isn't slow by any means, I'd say similar to Ramsey in that respect, and like Ramsey can run faster with the ball than most.

I consider Rogers we would see more in the Ramsey and Buendia roles than where Watkins plays, and he's kind of a mix of Ramsey and Buendia as a player, can run with the ball very well and has good balance, but also he's got technical ability and vision like a No.10.

I saw someone compare him to Jude Bellingham, obviously not as good, but I could see where they were coming from in terms of having similar qualities

Yeah if we get him he won't be played up top, it will be to play where Buendia was pre season.

Rodger’s is exactly the type of signing I wanted at the start of the window. The actual ones were Rowe and Wharton, I now hope we sign all 3. Would be about £40 mil though. 

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** me, that's half a season's highlights?  Sign him up!

He’s having a ridiculous season. Would be a gamble to some extent (as only half a good season), but he looks like an incredibly promising player.

Plus he loves to take on a man (hi Kenny) which we all love to see (hi again Kenny). 

Martinez, Olson 

Cash, KKH

Moreno, Digne 

Konsa, Carlos 

Pau, Lenglet

McGinn, Zaniolo

Ramsey (Rogers or Rowe)

Kamara, Tim

Luiz, Tielmans 

Diaby, Bailey

Watkins, Duran

Outs:-

Chambers

Hause 

Dendoncker - already gone 

Traore 

With just one addition that isn’t a bad 22 to have to chose from. 

I’d imagine the interest in Rogers AND Rowe would only materialise if Duran left - seems the sort to force his way to me. 

I appreciate the sentiment that we may have needed better than KKH and Tim for RB and CM, however the influence that could have on ongoing FFP cannot be underestimated . They come in, show they can hold their own in the Prem, and they become 10m-20m players which we can sell (with buy back) and invest heavily! Or they excel and we keep them - it’s a sensible play. 

38 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Rodger’s is exactly the type of signing I wanted at the start of the window. The actual ones were Rowe and Wharton, I now hope we sign all 3. Would be about £40 mil though. 

At the risk of repeating myself, something I don’t tend to do very often on this forum, there is value and quality to be had in the championship. There are without doubt a handful of players I believe that can make the step up and integrate with the squads of better teams in the PL. It’s only a matter of time before Gray becomes one of the better midfielders in the country and Summerville is a very dangerous player. That’s just at Leeds.

Wharton, Hackney, Rogers, Rowe. And before them, Eze, Olise, Konsa, Watkins etc. 

They’re a little overpriced but you pay for the convenience of them not needing much time to settle due to not having to move country. It shouldn’t be our transfer policy to JUST target players in the Championship (obviously), but a sprinkle of them here and there on top of a solid scouting network all around the world is not a bad way to go. 

I’d love Rowe and Rogers. 

• Like 2

From what I've seen although Rowe and Rogers are less proven as they're both in their first seasons where they're impressing at senior level, both have more to their game than Summerville who is basically mostly about just about direct running and pace and not much else, although to his credit he obviously has an end product, Summerville is someone we could only play on the left hand side, possibly the right, whereas Rogers and Rowe could play left or right and behind the striker, Rogers is also unique in that I think he could play the Ramsey role in the same way that Ramsey does

Palace have had an £18.5m bid turned down for Wharton, Blackburn would probably want around £25m for him, a similar fee to what Bristol City got for Alex Scott

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Palace have had an £18.5m bid turned down for Wharton, Blackburn would probably want around £25m for him, a similar fee to what Bristol City got for Alex Scott

Yep I think £20 mil plus is the going rate for the top youngsters in the championship. Too many have proven to be capable of playing in the top half of the prem so it’s become justified.

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lets go all out and get Summerville as well :P

Rogers, Rowe and Summerville.

I think they represented me in my last court case. 

• Haha 3