January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just someone (even on loan) who’s more effective for us than Donk and can provide good cover would be useful/beneficial and allow us to rest some players at times, rotate and allow them to play in best positions - mainly McGinn and Luiz. And not cause us to miss Kamara so dearly when he’s not available.

Such a player would get more time and opportunities than Leander did because he simply wasn’t up to the required standard and didn’t impress when he was afforded opportunities… 

Big chance for Kesler now… has to show something and impress (would be a big help to us) or Nedeljkovic will be taking over next season…

How has he been in the Championship? 

On 24/01/2024 at 13:15, burchy said:

If Chelsea want Duran, why don’t we do a straight loan swap for Ugochukwu as he’d be decent Kamara cover. 

I hear that Chuwuemeka lad is meant to be good, maybe we should try to swap for him. 

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

How has he been in the Championship? 

I haven’t watched him but Plymouth fans seemed more impressed by him earlier on, played plenty of games… don’t seem that upset about him leaving… some saying he got worse as time went on…

He played really well for Swindon vs Man City in a cup game some time back…

It’s a big opportunity for him now… getting to work with Unai and improve too… whole different ball game…

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Aren’t we only bringing in players to IMPROVE on our starting XI now is Rogers an improvement on Ramsey or even Zaniolo i would be silly to say he is 

Maybe not instantly but pretty quickly the answer may well be "yes" which may be important if the other two mentioned continue to struggle for form.

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Crysencio Summerville is a much better option from the championship, he's the type of player Liverpool would sign and turn into monsters like they have done recently with Jota or Mane 

They spent over 80 million on them two players though. They were proven Premier League players

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Crysencio Summerville is a much better option from the championship, he's the type of player Liverpool would sign and turn into monsters like they have done recently with Jota or Mane 

He's not for sale. Leeds have rich owners and trying to get promotion. He would cost a shit load more than Rogers as well. I don't know why people pay any attention to those stupid links to him. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

You’d have to think that Rowe is in the 20m plus bracket. Id assume that’s significantly more than we’d pay for Rodgers. 

Only a year left on his contract 

My 2022 Jonathan Rowe verdict

On 01/08/2022 at 19:27, useless said:

Was impressed with Jonathan Rowe from the little I saw of him last season, wouldn't be surprised to see him have breakout year in the championship.

I was wrong, but has done better this season, good player, but would be surprised if we were to sign both he and Rogers but we will see

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Only a year left on his contract 

Good knowledge. I’m sure they will be keen to get cash for him in the next 6month. Maybe a good time to move for him! 

25 minutes ago, useless said:

My 2022 Jonathan Rowe verdict

I was wrong, but has done better this season, good player, but would be surprised if we were to sign both he and Rogers but we will see

Would be great to pick both up. Both have a lot of potential, I'd slightly prefer Rowe if I had to choose