January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A signing that wouldn’t really make sense at the minute. He’s not a Dendoncker replacement, more of a McGinn/Tielemams type. Was probably on a list of players we were interested in the summer in signing, but ended up not going for and now some journalists have got the info.

• Like 1

Forest have signed so many players (and still aren’t letting up)… if they’re under pressure from FFP…

Would it be worth going for (perhaps loaning) one of their DMs? They have so many players…an excess perhaps…

Dunno who would be attainable or affordable…

How have Dominguez and Sangare done there and are they actually any good?

Mangala unsettled… decent player? Danilo?

I suspect we’ll bring in a good option from abroad and at good value (probably a loan with view to buy)…

just curious…

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Forest have signed so many players (and still aren’t letting up)… if they’re under pressure from FFP…

Forest are a madhouse and are about to find themselves in court fighting a winding up order from a group of agents that haven't been paid. They allegedly owe millions of pounds out to agents and even smaller business's that deal with them struggle to get paid. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I imagine Forest are fine for this seasons FFP, as they sold Johnson for big money in August, so doubt they’d let anyone go on the cheap. 

The whole issue for them with the FFP charge relates to the fact that they sold Johnson at the end of the window for more money but that meant it goes on the next set of accounts. Had they sold him by June 30th then they'd have been under the limit (but have generated 15 million less in player sales).

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Forest are a madhouse and are about to find themselves in court fighting a winding up order from a group of agents that haven't been paid. They allegedly owe millions of pounds out to agents and even smaller business's that deal with them struggle to get paid. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

They have appeared to be really reckless… that doesn’t really surprise me…

Chelsea too but they’ve at least brought money into the club…. not sure Forest have done much in that regard… any manager would have difficulty dealing with so many players there…

Players like Sangare and Dominguez were highly rated or sought after before they went there… if they became available… maybe even for cut price fees, might be worth a look… and could really help us out in the DM department when all we have is the wonderful Boubacar Kamara…

Edited by Jas10

Only £44 million spent on permanent transfers so far by all 20 PL clubs. Even more interesting, only one signing for a PL first team, Radu Dragusin (spurs). While the winter window is always low activity, this is a really quiet window. FFP definitely keeping clubs from throwing money around. 

Another big plus for the non big 6 clubs. Big 6 clubs can't destabilize challengars by breaking up winning teams. Should lead to great season finish for Top 4 or 5 and the title challenge. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Only £44 million spent on permanent transfers so far by all 20 PL clubs. Even more interesting, only one signing for a PL first team, Radu Dragusin (spurs). While the winter window is always low activity, this is a really quiet window. FFP definitely keeping clubs from throwing money around. 

Another big plus for the non big 6 clubs. Big 6 clubs can't destabilize challengars by breaking up winning teams. Should lead to great season finish for Top 4 or 5 and the title challenge. 

For a lot of the same reasons - I don't see Villa bringing in a starting XI player unless there is a specific at RB.

People can wishcast all they want about Dendoncker replacement but it's just as likely not to happen. Unai has shown no qualms about going with his preferred players without replacement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

For a lot of the same reasons - I don't see Villa bringing in a starting XI player unless there is a specific at RB.

People can wishcast all they want about Dendoncker replacement but it's just as likely not to happen. Unai has shown no qualms about going with his preferred players without replacement.

Ok, maybe not a starter or upgrade to anyone in first eleven but… why not a replacement for Dendoncker?

If we can’t bring anyone in, why move anyone on? I’d rather keep him then…I don’t believe FFP is quite as big a factor as some are making out either… and we can do all kinds of business in the summer too…

Why would we leave ourselves short, weaken the squad and make life more difficult when this is the best and most promising season for the club in decades?

I don’t imagine we would… there is a plan…

We have so much to play for… why harm our chances?

• Like 1