January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

30 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

All relatively a moot point as I don't think we will break our transfer record for MGW.

We hired Monchi to make lazy, hugely expensive transfers from other PL teams

• Haha 3

I don't see the boat being rocked with the squad. Maybe a promising younger player for the future, but can't see us dropping £50m+ on a potential starting player. 

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Dumfries would be a good signing clearly hasn’t watched him very much. He’d barely be an upgrade on Cash. 

Rumours that Southampton and Middlesbrough are trying to take Azaz on loan for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Anyone who thinks Dumfries would be a good signing clearly hasn’t watched him very much. He’d barely be an upgrade on Cash. 

Rumours that Southampton and Middlesbrough are trying to take Azaz on loan for the remainder of the season. 

Southampton would make sense,  helps them get second and hopefully give us £10m for his services once back in the PL.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2024 at 12:24, HanoiVillan said:

Well I've got a link to Michail Antonio you can have if you're interested?

Funnily enough, I was told of a potential link to Michail Antonio at the Burnley game by someone I trust with ‘connections’.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The sooner people realise that Tammy Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe and Gibbs-White are NOT what we should be signing to help us progress, the better. 

• Like 1

We need someone clever in the attacking area. Someone different to what we have currently. We dont need another flier. We need a Firmino type player. Because the amount of low blocks we are going to face 2nd half of the season will be horrendous.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, thunderball said:

The fella whose missus work for the club suggests we put an offer in for a “ huge” name player. 

Paulo Dybala?

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The fella whose missus work for the club suggests we put an offer in for a “ huge” name player. 

Was it Lazaros Christodoulopoulos? 

edit: dammit, @lexicon won that one 

Edited by Awol
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ngonge is another Left footed right winger ... How would this make sense if true?

I don’t know, and I don’t rate this rumour at all. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Funnily enough, I was told of a potential link to Michail Antonio at the Burnley game by someone I trust with ‘connections’.

Was he watching Sky Sports Saturday transfer show when a fake transfer expert linked us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Are we finally getting Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink?

Remember when we were on the verge of signing Gerard Deulofeu this time last year?

Just checked how he's getting on at Udinese and he has not played a single game since we were on the verge of signing him so we got away with that one a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

The RB we really need

54 minutes ago, thunderball said:

What did Monchi say?