Messi to Emery "Sí, lo haré"

GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_-_2023-05-23

Emi Martinez to Messi "Come and win the PL with Villa, I'm a believer mate"

1683796186114_65cc2107-5f01-4682-9c45-a9

Digne to Messi "You're playing with me in the PL one day"

gettyimages-1136446874.jpg?width=1200&au

Lenglet to Messi "We should win the PL together one day"

SPORT-PREVIEW-MESSI-1.jpg?strip=all&qual

Messi to Diego Carlos "One day I will join you and teach you how to play proper Football"

E2WKD3DXIAMaafP.jpg:large

Messi "Not sure who this guy is, but I would like to play with him one day"

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With regards the the likes of Dendonker and Chambers, there isn’t really many clubs out there who could buy them with regards FFP.  Talk now Forrest could be in trouble with it. 

What team would want them and also could afford them?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, would it be worth eating into the transfer budget for someone LIKE Frimpong ( As an example )

I guess it depends on how transformative we feel the signing would be.

If we continue ascending you'd assume that we would have increased prize money, gates and sponsorship takes.

I'm hoping some of the deals we signed included increased figures based on finishing position, competetion qualifications etc.

Calculated risks would see us leverage anticipated earnings against signing/s to stay within FFP.

It's a tricky one, but I feel like we should at least try to get one transformative signing, and if they feel that's a right back who can have a Moreno esque impact I say go for it 

Yeah it’s kind of what I’ve been thinking too but I don’t know precisely how these things work and if we would be taking any sort of risk, mainly in terms of getting into trouble or punished…

But… we could make up for the outlay by qualifying for CL (as well as whatever else we do off the field to boost finances and revenues)  and be in a much better and capable position or status.

Part of me would like to see us “go for it” too but I don’t know how possible or likely that is and if we would be allowed to without any repercussion…

But we are in such a good place and position… finally able to add from a position of strength… it’s not the time to rest on any laurels is it? Let’s make the most of this, if we can…

Plus, no one really has a clue where we really stand with FFP do they? 😂

Best thing we can do is trust in Unai, Monchi and NSWE (must be loving this and could have “big plans” perhaps)… they will sort it n know what to do…

Makes a pleasant change…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, would it be worth eating into the transfer budget for someone LIKE Frimpong ( As an example )

I guess it depends on how transformative we feel the signing would be.

If we continue ascending you'd assume that we would have increased prize money, gates and sponsorship takes.

I'm hoping some of the deals we signed included increased figures based on finishing position, competetion qualifications etc.

Calculated risks would see us leverage anticipated earnings against signing/s to stay within FFP.

It's a tricky one, but I feel like we should at least try to get one transformative signing, and if they feel that's a right back who can have a Moreno esque impact I say go for it 

I’m also curious to see what we’ll do after cancelling our deal with Castore (yes!)… maybe we’ll be a more appealing proposition for someone a lot better and who can hand us a nice wedge of 💰 

Boost the coffers and whatnot.

😂

Would only help!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Surely the club would like the rest of the league(s) to believe we are short on FFP headroom? I mean, we may well be, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find we’ve for more available than we might want to let on. Strengthens our negotiating hand, does it not. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Would be a good deal for all parties. Except Argyle. 

Picked a random tweet with the rumour, but there are many similar. 

Trying to do a McGinn are they?

Paltry fee…

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m also curious to see what we’ll do after cancelling our deal with Castore (yes!)… maybe we’ll be a more appealing proposition for someone a lot better and who can hand us a nice wedge of 💰 

Boost the coffers and whatnot.

😂

Would only help!

I reckon the Investment/Media company recently on board may help with Sponsorship and promo deals in a massive way as well.

Yeah I feel a need to " strike while the iron is hot "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

I still think we need to bring in someone who can break down teams who put 11 players behind the ball.  Its where we have struggled this season.  A tough nut to crack being able to do that.  Plus this type of player costs a fortune.  

Maybe an older player on loan near the end of his career who we could bring on in these games?  Ever Banega type, but he’s earning the oil money these days 

Tielemans and Luiz can do this… we have others who could step up if played in that sort of position/role too…

But I’d be delighted if we brought in someone better or more suitable too…

The problem is, a lot of views on us seem to have been formed from our most recent games but we have been missing key players that made us weaker… had they been available I think we would have seen better performances and results.

After we destroyed City (certainly didn’t appear to be lacking anything in that game other than ruthless finishing - deserved more goals)… the problems began…

Tielemans was thriving in an attacking role… injured

Kamara is too important and essential for us… suspended

Same goes for Pau who elevates our game… injured

Having to play Konsa at RB rather than CB…

Luiz’s creativity and attacking ability was limited/thwarted by not having Bouba with him… his worst game was against Manure…

I think these are factors worth taking into account…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

With regards the the likes of Dendonker and Chambers, there isn’t really many clubs out there who could buy them with regards FFP.  Talk now Forrest could be in trouble with it. 

What team would want them and also could afford them?

Foreign clubs may be interested in Dendoncker… but I wouldn’t expect a big/decent fee… but it’s good to get the wages off our books if we can and hand them to a better player…

Relegation threatened or Championship clubs (he does have plenty of experience) could be interested in Chambers but again, minimal fee or maybe just a loan. He should be motivated or interested in moving because he is completely out of our plans…

I actually think we did well to get decent fees for our youngsters (and install buyback clauses)… it was the only way to generate decent fees and not hurt or impact our first team… probably an intelligent and worthwhile strategy going forwards too…

27 minutes ago, Creeper said:

I suppose similar to Bidace it makes sense to us from FFP perspective. Hes gone for a minimum half his true value though. Fantastic signing for Middlesbrough, feel sorry for Plymouth. 

Still think the fee for Finn is low cause both parties would definitely extend if he wasn’t to be sold. Shame but hope there are big add ons and wish him the best, a cult-legendary Villa player that never (?) played for Villa.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Burnley, Luton, Everton, Sheffield United.

Those are who we target for selling Chambers and Dendoncker to. They have something to give. Or yeah, foreign clubs

Luton might need a defender after the Lockyer heart issues.