January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Dybala's 13m release clause kickis in today... 

He just released a statement saying he is looking forward to a great 2024 with Roma

7 hours ago, May-Z said:

I give you 22 year old LB Gaston Avila of Ajax....

748601-1666894690.jpg

So we could have two players effectively called A.Villa!

37 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Sounds like a Coutinho type signing. Best to avoid this one.

He isn’t finished like Coutinho. He is however a second striker rather than a centre forward, which we don’t need as a priority 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He just released a statement saying he is looking forward to a great 2024 with Roma

Rishi Sunak released a similar thing where he was talking about carrying over all the great progress the Tories have made under his leadership into 2024.

• Haha 2

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Werner. Player with talent who is on a rut is the perfect Emery signing and we need the versatile forward who can play as Striker or S/S. 

• Like 3

Werner is a system player, Ragnick got it out of him, seemingly no one else has, maybe the Don can

He'd be a huge risk, not sure who's minutes he'd be eating up either, he'd be a sub, Durans? Then yeah I see it, baileys /Ramseys / diabys I don't he's not better than any of them, zaniolo... Jury would be out for me, I'm not sure werner is better 

First time I’ve ventured into this thread and probably one of the last. 

Hopefully last January will have taught us that Emery won’t sign anybody for the sake of it. I only expect the club to sign a new RB, a Moreno type signing where they are relatively cheap. The current squad has been good enough to get Villa top 2 in the league after 20 games, it’s gonna be a very quiet window. 

Pretty sure last January we had a whole month of Guendouzi rumours and it turned out that nothing was even close/club didn’t bid? Time has gone quick!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The loans were used to cover 2 long term injuries. We expect Buendia and Mings to be back next season. We won't need Lenglet with Mings back and we do have an option to buy zaniolo if he performed well for us. But mostly was signed for cover for Buendia. 

We also have a huge amount available to spend, it's just a question of whether we should as that spending also impacts future windows 

The "huge amount to spend" is this based on anything or a hunch. I see others quoting ffp challenges. 

54 minutes ago, RichW said:

First time I’ve ventured into this thread and probably one of the last. 

Hopefully last January will have taught us that Emery won’t sign anybody for the sake of it. I only expect the club to sign a new RB, a Moreno type signing where they are relatively cheap. The current squad has been good enough to get Villa top 2 in the league after 20 games, it’s gonna be a very quiet window. 

Pretty sure last January we had a whole month of Guendouzi rumours and it turned out that nothing was even close/club didn’t bid? Time has gone quick!

100%, but I think recent games and a look at our options on the bench have suggested, we could use 2 or 3 quality players to add to the current squad to keep us challenging at the top, and in Europe during the second half of the season.   

• Like 1