TheAuthority

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They are a bit weaker than the team that went up at least.

Tella stormed the championship with 25 goals but they couldn't agree permanent deal with Southampton and he's off to Bayer Leverkusen.

Harwood-bellis was great at the back for them but he's back at Man. City now and way down the pecking order. Maatsen was also there last season and now getting minutes for Chelsea.

They have plenty of attacking options but really not sure who's getting 10-15 goals out of that group. For half of last season they still had Ashley Barnes as their CF but he's now at Norwich.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

Lots of us are underestimating them. I doubt Unai is though, and I’m sure the team will give them the respect they deserve as a result.

Maybe that Newcastle game was a blessing in disguise and helps ensure the players are focussed and determined for the rest of the season… Unai was not happy and will try to avoid anything like that happening again…

But, the league is so unpredictable. A team can thrash the opposition one weekend, and get thrashed the next 😂

Consistency is key… you have to be “on it” in every game…

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Really concerned Emi won’t make it. 

If not… maybe it’s do or die for Olsen.

Perform well, stick around. F up, sold and replaced (not much time left to sort though, maybe loan someone in).

Must be a reason why he’s being shown so much faith, improving in training perhaps…

I think/feel Emi will play though…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe that Newcastle game was a blessing in disguise and helps ensure the players are focussed and determined for the rest of the season… Unai was not happy and will try to avoid anything like that happening again…

But, the league is so unpredictable. A team can thrash the opposition one weekend, and get thrashed the next 😂

I said the same myself after the game. Last season we finally built some consistency after years of on off performances. I’m certain Emery will have looked at the Newcastle game and learned from it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

If not… maybe it’s do or die for Olsen.

Perform well, stick around. F up, sold and replaced (not much time left to sort though, maybe loan someone in).

Must be a reason why he’s being shown so much faith, improving in training perhaps…

I think/feel Emi will play though…

This

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

In a nutshell.

If we can get an early goal then we can set the tempo, once we've got the tempo we should really be getting 3 points.

Just need to be on it from the start as they will be hyped up, fully prepared having had 2 weeks to get ready and will probably try and use simular style as Newcastle did but the lesser players.

Looking forward to seeing zaniolo getting some minutes.

Utv

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No Martinez at all.

Back 5 with Carlos in. Bailey dropped.

Jesus. Anything over than a win today with tougher fixtures to come and we HAVE to go back into the market for a couple of players.