TheAuthority

Ideally we come here and put in a good performance with a comfortable 2-0 + win but I’m expecting a tough game today. Don’t know what to make of Burnley, have only played Man City but it seems they’ve done what we did when got promoted and bought a lot of players without Premier League experience which we know didn’t work for us but I guess they will see this as a winnable game. 

Going to go for 1-1. We will fall behind and rescue a point in the second half. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichW said:

Ideally we come here and put in a good performance with a comfortable 2-0 + win but I’m expecting a tough game today. Don’t know what to make of Burnley, have only played Man City but it seems they’ve done what we did when got promoted and bought a lot of players without Premier League experience which we know didn’t work for us but I guess they will see this as a winnable game. 

Going to go for 1-1. We will fall behind and rescue a point in the second half. 

To be fair it sort of did work for us, only just, but it did work

On 24/08/2023 at 19:00, Marka Ragnos said:

We're going to have our hands full. Burnley are shirt-pullers and leg clippers, and their defense will make up for in grabbiness, kicks, and in-the-box entanglements what they lack in Pau Torres-like grace on the ball. Their offense is at its best with explosive, stabbing, Buendia-style runs from the left and right midfields. They seem less inclined to run down and around along the wings or do "over-the-top" long balls against the highline like Newcastle did. The seem direct to me. Their biggest goal threat is Zeki Amdouni. He can be very clinical and has many wonder goals in him. He could easily ruin our day. Koleosho is also pretty scary and fast and can get behind defenses almost at will. I could easily see our defenses getting overrun. I think we will have to weather some storms, and we do so, we'll find opportunities. Forget Hibs. This will be nothing like that. Burnley will be confident and be looking to build up a mid-table spot. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Think we win this one 2-0, id welcome some more goals or assist from Bailey but would like to see diaby get on the scoresheet, or Ollie as both in my fpl team. 

we are quite good on the deck ourselves and although Burnley play well too I think we will have the better players in the final third

Won’t be an easy game or walkover… bit of a test away to the Championship champions - they will be well up for it!

But as long as the players are focussed, motivated and follow Unai’s instructions… we can get the victory.

Watkins hat-trick was good timing I feel and we may see him go on a goalscoring run… backed up by our talented forwards…

Can’t wait to see Nico in action… guessing he’ll come on for Bailey (who hopefully continues improving) later in the game perhaps… will Diaby shine?

Digne to keep going too…

Wonder if we’ll see the same line up as against Hibs, particularly defence… Pau and Diego could be an excellent partnership and Konsa fits in nicely in that hybrid RB role..

• Like 1

It’ll be a really good test for us today. Burnley are no longer the Dyche-balling cloggers and similar to us have modernised their playing style under Kompany. It will be a battle of wits between the two managers, and I will always back Unai to come out on top. Be interesting to see if A Ramsey plays, and I can’t wait to see our new Italiano Zaniolo score some goalios. I do think we’ll win today, a close game but a professional 0-2 away win for the true claret and blues. 

No injuries is my big wish for this game.

They will come at us 110% from the first second, it should leave space behind for us to exploit, we have to be sharp and finish those early chances.

If they can get a result it kicks their season off and they stand a chance of staying in the prem. If they lose this then they have a big up hill battle. If we are going to compete for top 4 then it's a must win. Fascinating game. 4-1 to the villa.

Edited by tinker
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KMitch said:

Have a bad feeling about this one.  Could be an early season banana peel to slip on for us.  Everyone is underestimating Burnley, but they absolutely walked the Championship last season while playing freeflowing footy.  

Lots of us are underestimating them. I doubt Unai is though, and I’m sure the team will give them the respect they deserve as a result.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how much insight Aaron Ramsey has passed on to them, and whether or not he’ll feature today.

I can see us going a goal down, fingers crossed we can come back (if so).

Emery would have predicted this. But Ramsey would have predicted that Emery would have predicted that. But Emery will have predicted that Ramsey will have predicted that Emery would predict that. 

And so the squad will now be watching 17 hours of psychology videos to counteract this. Would have watched 24 hours but needed 7 more hours of post-Hibs analysis first. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, KMitch said:

Have a bad feeling about this one.  Could be an early season banana peel to slip on for us.  Everyone is underestimating Burnley, but they absolutely walked the Championship last season while playing freeflowing footy.  

They are a bit weaker than the team that went up at least.

Tella stormed the championship with 25 goals but they couldn't agree permanent deal with Southampton and he's off to Bayer Leverkusen.

Harwood-bellis was great at the back for them but he's back at Man. City now and way down the pecking order. Maatsen was also there last season and now getting minutes for Chelsea.

They have plenty of attacking options but really not sure who's getting 10-15 goals out of that group. For half of last season they still had Ashley Barnes as their CF but he's now at Norwich.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Championship team, rookie manager, their best player is a 19 year old we’ve just loaned them who’s never played a minute in the premier league before. Routine win.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves… we’ve already suffered after complacency and got our asses whipped!

As long as the players are dedicated, focussed and sharp… we will do well…

But complacency and a relaxed attitude is a recipe for disaster…

So many upsets in this league… hard to be consistent.

Edited by Jas10