TheAuthority

1 minute ago, supermon said:

What happens if we need to sub Digne off, who slots in for him? Surprised no Revan

Pau to left back, konsa moves to CB with carlos, Cash to RB, then a wide player subbed on for Digne (but that player goes to right wing/right midfield).

i would guess.

tbh, with the attacking way our left back plays, i could honestly see mcginn able to cover it in a pinch.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

re Bailey, i would guess its more to make us more solid away from home, ie: cash works harder and it will solidify the right side a little more early on.

More likely we have Olsen in goal which makes the need to reduce shots on goal very important. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Say what you want but having two **** sub youngster goal keepers instead of a revan or a out field youngster player is ridiculous 

How can kellyman not make bench? Or feeney, or o reilly?

It really isn’t. Marschall has been on the bench to prepare him for games like this when he could be needed at a minutes notice he will be much more confident if this happens today. The same applies for the other young keeper today. Joining the game as a keeper is much be more difficult than an outfield player.

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Torres - Digne
Cash - Luiz - Kamara - McGinn
Diaby - Watkins 

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Torres
Luiz - Kamara 
Diaby - McGinn
Cash - Watkins - Digne

Obviously could be wrong but pretty sure it isn't a change in system at all. 

1 minute ago, Amed said:

Promoted team, first home game v different formation, goalkeeper and defence for us - I’ll take a point now if offered. 

One way to look at it is, high chance it's not the setup Kompany and Burnely would have been expecting or preparing for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amed said:

Promoted team, first home game v different formation, goalkeeper and defence for us - I’ll take a point now if offered. 

Unai wants top 4 he will not be happy with a point against Burnley.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Pau to left back, konsa moves to CB with carlos, Cash to RB, then a wide player subbed on for Digne (but that player goes to right wing/right midfield).

I would think Pau to left back, Carlos nudged over to the LCB position, Konsa into the middle and Chambers in at the the RCB with Cash at RB.

Hopefully we don't find out!

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not really a back 5 as Digne will play more like a left winger. Sensible side.

Torres shifts across in that case? McGinn as a 10? Could be a 3-5-2, could be a lot of things 😀 If it's the box midfield though then you'd think back 4, unless Diaby is the more advanced, right sided, player with McGinn left. Full backs overlapping both sides. Interesting team, Zaniolo makes the bench, he could be brought on for Watkins, Diaby, Digne, McGinn... lots of options there too. Hopefully we can earn the right to play in the early exchanges and not concede early doors...

Not an enormous fan of Cash playing in front of Konsa (assuming that's what is happening!). Feels like we'll be quite limited down that side. Ultimately we should be winning this game though.

Edited by Indigo

2 minutes ago, smg said:

It really isn’t. Marschall has been on the bench to prepare him for games like this when he could be needed at a minutes notice he will be much more confident if this happens today. The same applies for the other young keeper today. Joining the game as a keeper is much be more difficult than an outfield player.

I disagree if i was someone like k young now id be so deflated

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Unai wants top 4 he will not be happy with a point against Burnley.

Well then he should have pushed for a **** quality sub keeper, as this situation was inevitable at some point.

Can't constantly excuse leaving us exposed in this area.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Torres - Digne
Cash - Luiz - Kamara - McGinn
Diaby - Watkins 

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Torres
Luiz - Kamara 
Diaby - McGinn
Cash - Watkins - Digne

Obviously could be wrong but pretty sure it isn't a change in system at all. 

Yeah could be the box with a back 4 too

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Say what you want but having two **** sub youngster goal keepers instead of a revan or a out field youngster player is ridiculous 

How can kellyman not make bench? Or feeney, or o reilly?

We actually don't have a full bench, 8 players only. fact is though with 5 subs max, adding a kid on there, they still wouldn't be used - think remember him talking about this before when we were not naming full bench.

5 subs will be from Tielemans/Bailey/Traore/Chambers/Zaniolo/Duran. Even with some crazy spate of injuries during match, he'd find a way to shuffle senior players rather than throw in kids if they not thought ready (only position you can't do this is GK, hence 2 young GKs on bench)

• Like 1