TheAuthority

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

Ah man why Bailey on the bench? Maybe trying to keep legs fresh but team looks weaker without Dibu and Bailey

I don’t think it’s a bad idea, he’s had a pretty poor run of injuries here so three games in a week may have been pushing it

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Wonder how Youri feels about not getting a start yet…

I hope we told him we will be managing him quite heavily. He's already got so many minutes on his body that managing his minutes it's very very important to manage them so his career isn't done by 28. 

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Actually it's just our normal system with obviously Cash playing up as a winger. I'm pretty certain that's what we done against Everton, I remember thinking how high up he was. 

We should have more than enough to be beating this Burnley side anyway.

Yes I agree.

Out of possession, Konsa tucks in and Cash forms the back 5 to match Burnley’s front 5. 

In possession, 325 once settled. Only worried about building up deep in our 4222 as it’s not Cash’s natural position. 

Edited by DJBOB

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Odd team. 

Club might find out the hard way today about not signing a better back up keeper.

Not a fan of that team tbh.

Hopefully I’m very wrong. 

Say what you want but having two **** sub youngster goal keepers instead of a revan or a out field youngster player is ridiculous 

How can kellyman not make bench? Or feeney, or o reilly?

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

The fact we are still reliant on Olsen as second keeper is a real concern to me. We need a better backup keeper. 

Not disagreeing with you but it's equally a hard position to fill too.

Big game for Olsen this.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would you take a point and no more injuries?

Would you take three points but lose a player for three weeks?

Three points, the bench is decent and the transfer window isn't over yer plus we hsve the international break.

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Yes I agree.

Out of possession, Konsa tucks in and Cash forms the back 5 to match Burnley’s back 5. 

In possession, 325 once settled. Only worried about building up deep in our 4222 as it’s not Cash’s natural position. 

I'd imagine Digne would be the one to push forward. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would you take a point and no more injuries?

Would you take three points but lose a player for three weeks?

Option B, 3 points and a Zych injury. 

You weren't specific so that's fair game. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I hope we told him we will be managing him quite heavily. He's already got so many minutes on his body that managing his minutes it's very very important to manage them so his career isn't done by 28. 

Only in 2023 would you wrap a professional athlete in cotton wool so they don't have to be athletic. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Say what you want but having two **** sub youngster goal keepers instead of a revan or a out field youngster player is ridiculous 

How can kellyman not make bench? Or feeney, or o reilly?

He played a full 90 minutes for the U21s literally 2 days ago.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Wonder what this looks like in possession in the build up?

Cash at RM in the build up spells trouble but Unai must believe in him. 

Bailey not starting away — maybe Unai has seen the light!

re Bailey, i would guess its more to make us more solid away from home, ie: cash works harder and it will solidify the right side a little more early on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Only in 2023 would you wrap a professional athlete in cotton wool so they don't have to be athletic. 

Because players weren't professional at 16 like he was back in the days. He's already played the same minutes as a 31 year old in his career.

Reducing the load on him will help keep him fit and at his best for longer. We don't want him to be getting repetitive stress injuries.