TheAuthority

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually thought Burnley looked ok against City but were abit naive in their approach. Will be a difficult game but we should beat them.

Can see them eager to press our back 4, which will play right into our hands. 

15 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Hmmm. Emi doubtful...cue meltdown when Olsen is in the team announcement.

They beat Man U 3-0 in a closed door game this week as well. Not going to be easy.

For info, the Man Utd eleven that played that game: 

Radek Vitek, Marc Jurado, Teden Mengi, Jonny Evans, Alvaro Fernandez, Donny van de Beek, Scott McTominay, Hannibal Mejbri, Facundo Pellestri, Anthony Martial, Omari Forson

• Like 2

Not seen enough of Burnley but can see Unai playing the same XI (except for Olsen) that we played against Hibs. Kompany essentially plays the same set up that Pep has so it will be 1v1 all over the pitch and let's hope our forwards and attacking midfielders take advantage of that.

Olsen

Konsa-Diego-Torres-Digne

Bailey-Kamara-Luiz-McGinn

Diaby-Watkins

7 hours ago, smg said:

Feel for Olsen, he could save 3 penalties keep a clean sheet and still be slagged off on here for mis placing a pass in the 94 th minute. 

Why do people say untrue shit like this?

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why do people say untrue shit like this?

Because it’s not untrue shit, read some of the comments about this player ( our player) on here , Facebook, and other forums before you post 

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Because it’s not untrue shit, read some of the comments about this player ( our player) on here , Facebook, and other forums before you post 

He's garbage mate. That's why he gets stick. Fans haven't plucked him out and decided to pick on him.

Any time he's been asked to do anything beyond routine for us, 90% of the time he's cocked it up. That is the reality.

If he saves 3 pens and keeps a clean sheet, he will not be slagged off for misplacing a pass.

I hope he does not play.

We will have to match their tempo first 15 . I hope we are ready for a totally different game to Wednesdays . But if we can get through that with no calamities we can defo hold our own. Newcastle game has put the sihts up me but that was the perfect storm of injuries and mistakes. We have some real quality up front now . Watkins Diaby and McGinn to start for sure and then the options of Zaniolo Bailey  Traore and Duran to add to that. Kamara and Luiz to start in midfield and then Tielemans and Chambers to come on if needed. 

Same back 4 as wednesday i think so just got to hope on Emi to be fit in goals. 

9 hours ago, Ponky said:

Wonder if Tielemans might be due for a start. Not sure who comes out for him though.

Can't see Luiz or Kamara sitting it out. I think he just has to be patient, and sooner or later the chance will come.

It's just nice having that sense of security in terms of squad depth. 

• Like 1