Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

16 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Apparently he's got a small fracture in his foot, will miss the Euros.

shit that's terrible for him, he would have been a starter for Italy.

• Like 3

Must admit I do like the guy...

It's frustrating for him and of course the fans.

As much as we may or may not like him unfortunately for him next season Villa really need reliability within the squad.

25 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Guy has broken his foot. 

Great comment... 

EDIT: Its worse than that, he's had this pain for a while and was utterly desperate to play and help Unai so came back with a broken foot to play and you take the opportunity to have a nice little dig. 

Great support, top stuff. 

Have yourself a medal pal, assume you’re looking for one? 

• Confused 1

I like him a lot but my guess is we don’t sign him with Ramsey and Buendia coming back. Shame for the lad about the injury - missing the Euros and probably not getting a move anywhere else with that, so a season (or until Jan) back at Galatasaray maybe.

• Like 1

I think for the rumoured fee it would be less than 20mil for him, I’d buy him, he’s had a season under his belt in the league, hampered by niggly injuries, we will need a good squad for the league, champions league and cup competitions 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I like him a lot but my guess is we don’t sign him with Ramsey and Buendia coming back. Shame for the lad about the injury - missing the Euros and probably not getting a move anywhere else with that, so a season (or until Jan) back at Galatasaray maybe.

Rogers aswell so we basically have three players in that area hopefully in August.

Only reason I could see Zaniolo being signed is if we have a hunch he'll eventually develop into a CF but we haven't tried him there once and for left side attack we're very well stocked so would be a waste of a budget.

He'll probably go back to Serie A and do alright.

I didn’t realise the extent of the injury and how much he was willing to sacrifice to help the team. Loan or not, you have my respect and gratitude. 

Obviously if he’s broken his foot then I was wide of the mark with my comment and hold my hands up but I guess I’m just comparing it with seeing Leon Bailey play through evident pain for weeks now.

Bailey is my new barometer for this, the guy’s been an absolute hero for us but yeah sure, I shouldn’t necessarily just compare that directly with Zaniolo’s latest couple of injuries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Zaniolo came back a few weeks ago and played in the Olympiakos first leg when he was nowhere near fit. And again was an option to help us out on Monday and now it's cost him a chance to play in a major tournament.

For someone who's just a loan player I think that's fantastic commitment especially when you see some contracted players at Man. United who don't want to get out there. That's why we're 4th and they'll probably finish 8th now so Zaniolo brought into that commitment Unai wants from the squad.

Really good post, agree with every bit

I find him a very frustrating player, but yeah, 2 games to go, he probably won't be here, he's got the Euros to look forward to, and he put his body on the line to help us get over the line.

I've gained a whole new appreciation for him

• Like 1

I feel the treatment he has got from some fans this season has been awful. 

I know I can have my tantrums after a loss but Zaniolo never deserved some of the stick he got, even when we were winning every week and he was starting there were attacks on him. Actually when he has played we’ve looked a better side, earlier in the season when we near the top of the league and his performance against Arsenal a few weeks ago was magnificent. He hasn’t got loads of goals or assists but stats aren’t everything and he’s played his part getting us to where we are, I still think he could become an incredible player in time, he’s got all the attributes to do so.

I really hope he doesn’t miss the Euros because of his commitment to us, that would suck big time, especially if he isn’t here next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel sorry for him not really got going this season and not for lack of trying. Hope his luck changes next season. He'll come good whether here or elsewhere 🙏 

Hope we can off load the likes of donk hause big phil and get zaniolo in full time.

Playing in Europe is a different game to the Premier league, he has experience of playing in Europe and a year or so of Premier league experience.

Gutted for him that he is injured, was part of our most consistent team this season.

Maybe we can renegotiate the fee to make it happen ?

• Like 2

I think he'll become a player one day, the flashes of magic when he's been with us, absolutely superb.

Situation didn't fit with his career, and I've nothing against him joining another club in Europe and ripping it up.

Not sure if we have the space now but at the right price he would be an asset to the squad. There is a lot more to come from him and he seemingly has the trust of the management so who am I question them.

Â