Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays tbh, the dedication to the cause he showed would have meant a lot to Emery….plus Emery says it takes time to acclimatise and we will need a squad next season…

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'd be utterly amazed if he stays.

It does seem we have a lot of options in that space now but I think Emery thinks he has a lot of the attributes we need and with a bit more time he will be able to develop the player 

Ultimately for where he played we should have Ramsey, Buendia and Rogers all available in August.

Of course it's not like they can only just play the floating left side/hybrid midfield role. All three can play more centrally but really hard to see any space for Zaniolo unless we're selling one of them.

I do think in time he might develop more into a CF but again we never really tried him out in that position.

The general noise (obsessively reading BBC's newspaper gossip summary) has been for some time that he doesn't want to stay and we don't want to sign him

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I still can't forgive him for the way he turned around in the wall for that Foden free kick... get rid.

Edited by Billson
correction
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Unless we sell Ramsey cant see this happening. Ransey has appeared a better player; Rogers seems an excellent player who has grasped the same opportunity given to Zaniolo. We also have Buendia coming back who can play in that role too. If the price was right fair enough it adds quality, but was hoping we might get a Nico Williams (now unlikely) if we were looking for that kind of player.

56 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

With how tight finances are i can't see it happening.

Ironically, right finances are the only way I would see it happening, and maybe on loan again.

Definitely isn’t coming back to us imo as he’s not even mentioned us and pointing more towards Italy.  Can’t see us wanting to make him permanent to be honest either so will be a friendly parting of the ways for both sides…thanks for year, both go separate ways…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Goodbye, sweet prince, may your birdshit highlights bring you happiness

Edited by Follyfoot

16 minutes ago, Kingman said:

This thread wouldn't even be here if Emi hadn't been out injured 

Yep looking forward to Buendia back next season. While I liked parts of Zaniolo’s game and appreciate some of his contributions, imo Buendia is a higher level than Zaniolo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep looking forward to Buendia back next season. While I liked parts of Zaniolo’s game and appreciate some of his contributions, imo Buendia is a higher level than Zaniolo.

Yes, yes and more yes

• Like 1

Played a massive part in us beating arsenal at the Emirates, but he sadly showed too little too often and I would sign him even if he weren't injured.

Good luck to him 

If he was available on loan again I *might* consider it.  

Foreign players often improve in the second year and I don't think we seen anywhere near the best of him for a variety of reasons last season. 

But prob best for the player himself if he gets a move closer to home. 

• Like 3

Â