Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Another almost wonder goal. 

You can see the potential he has. 

Yeah, he’s definitely got skills. Need to find a way of bringing them out consistently on the pitch. 

• Like 4

Not seeing enough consistently to warrant making this permanent at the moment.  I know there's still time but hope we are looking at other options too.

13 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I like him. Has that wild card trait about him but still works hard. Good thing he made no contact with that two footer!

That was wild. If his shot had gone it would've been peak Carbone

13 hours ago, bobzy said:

That would've been some goal.  The touch initially was insane.

First touch was unbelievable, not sure how many players could do that, so close with the shot too. Made a very good chance for Diaby as well. He's not far off, but it's hard for him to get opportunities in games that aren't crucial now. 

I still see enough talent in him and I hope we do end up buying. I think if he ends up here permanently, he might relax a little bit more and play with freedom

• Like 2

I think he's 'done a job' for us up until this point. Filling in on the left for Ramsey has seen him put in competent performances without being eye-catching.

I think if he manages to have a run of games on the right in his more natural position, we may see more output. 

• Like 1

7 yellow cards, this is his greatest achievement so far given the amount of minutes he’s played. Seen nothing to suggest he is a starter, we need to improve the starting 11. He’s had a fair few opportunities against some poor opposition and has never stood out in any game. Nice shot yesterday but his first involvement was to run the ball out of play for a goal kick and then got booked. Do our fans really want us to spend £30m + on this guy? 

Edited by WHY

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

This is how I feel. He's obviously incredibly talented, and a real character. If we signed him he may settle and become a superstar, or another Coutinho-like millstone. I just don't know. But I like him. He's unlike anybody else we have.

I feel exactly the same as this.

• Like 1

I thought his Villa career so far was summed up in 2 moments. Almost a worldie goal from nothing and ran past 2 players in the box and let the ball trickle out for a goal kick. I want him to do well but yeah sure he's inconsistent

He has the ability, no doubting that. Just lacks something to succeed at a high level and maybe for football in England. Not sure if it’s strength or acceleration. But something doesn’t seem right. Can’t quite pin point what it is. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has the ability, no doubting that. Just lacks something to succeed at a high level and maybe for football in England. Not sure if it’s strength or acceleration. But something doesn’t seem right. Can’t quite pin point what it is. 

He's already succeeded at a high level, what you on about? He's played at Roma and in the Italian national side?  

Maybe he's just taking a bit longer to settle. Lets look at Diaby for example, after his recent performances would you have spent 50m on him? He's literally had all the minutes since he arrived, been inconsistent after a great start and been very poor in recent weeks. Some of the chances he's had and missed have been shocking, yet he doesn't get anywhere near the same criticisms thrown at him. 

Zaniolo just needs patience. He did far more in the minutes he had than Ollie and Moussa yesterday, has scored 2/4, with 3 games off the bench so he's having more of an impact recently under more limited conditions. He also gives us height in forward areas that only Watkins has so we need players like this. 

Would I spend 25m on him, 100%. He's still a very young lad with loads of attributes to work with, improve on and become a great player for us under the right guidance. 

• Like 4

Â