Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Celebration time is added on.

Correct. This was added to the laws in 2016.

It probably still makes sense to restart as quickly as possible given that referees do not always do what they're supposed to, but in theory, you should be able to celebrate without losing time.

Like Bailey, McGinn and Diaby they all take time to adapt to both PL football and the tactics of Unai Emery. Hopefully Zaniolo can continue the fine form and bag the winner at Old Trafford.

I didn't see the match and again just only highlights of the goal.

It was a wonderful header: "leapt like a salmon" but seriously he does possess a strong character, and also aggression on the football pitch. In hindsight maybe should have started the game?

• Like 4

Was actually behind 4 other villa players when Dougie started to deliver that ball. Ran through them and about 10 utd defenders to arrive bang on time. Great instincts. Kinda confirms my suspicion he would make an excellent no. 9 rather than wide forward

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pinebro said:

A draw agaisnt Sheffield United is as good as a loss.

Need to pick that ball up and run back as fast as possible.

15 more seconds could have been the difference in 3 points or 1 point

If we're relying on scoring a goal at 99:45, you don't deserve 3 points. What about the other 99 minutes, rather than 15 seconds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Was actually behind 4 other villa players when Dougie started to deliver that ball. Ran through them and about 10 utd defenders to arrive bang on time. Great instincts. Kinda confirms my suspicion he would make an excellent no. 9 rather than wide forward

To be fair, it's not really just your suspicion...

When he signed, Emery alluded to the fact that he thought Zaniolo could play anywhere along the front three, presumably that was wide left, wide right and up top.

Zaniolo has all the credentials to be an absolute nightmare for defenders as the front man.

Pleased for the lad to follow up his goal in Europe with a crucial goal in the PL. I don’t know a lot about Nicolo but I feel like he needs to feel loved to be at his best. Hopefully he will grow from this and start to feel he fits in. 

Â