Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

€5m for hiring a player out for the season and save on his wages which will also be covered during that time.

But if they didn’t want to pay his wages why would they have signed him? He’s not an unwanted player they’re trying to get rid of. It’s like us loaning out Douglas Luiz so we can reduce the wage bill for a year.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’d be surprised if the fee isn’t mandatory, else what does Gala gain? 

Well they get the loan fee and wages covered for this season and presumably won't have to pay any of the add-ons that Roma might have been due.  So that probably covers 60% of the initial transfer fee.  But they also get the chance to almost double their money within 18 months if he does well.  If he only does OK then I suspect they can sell him back to Italy next summer and make a profit then.  They have speculated on the transfer and they will accumulate - I'd be very surprised if they don't make a decent return overall regardless of whether we end up signing him.

49 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m happy with this as long as it’s an option to buy, not mandatory. 

I can't see it being mandatory. Gala have his salary covered and €4m loan fee which is €1m than his amortisation cost as they bought him for €15m + add ons and a 20% sell on I believe

So even if we don't trigger the buy option they're making money this season from the loan deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gala said:

Douglas Luiz would be nice🤣

Because you're so nice to us, we'll do you an even better favour.

Have you heard of Belgian International Leander Dendonker, Jamaica International and former Leverkusen star Leon Bailey, Local Hip Hop Phenomenon Kourtney Hause and Stevenage scorcher Keinan Davis?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

Just now, duke313 said:

But if they didn’t want to pay his wages why would they have signed him? He’s not an unwanted player they’re trying to get rid of. It’s like us loaning out Douglas Luiz so we can reduce the wage bill for a year.

It sounded like a financial signing at the time.  €15 million for a player valued 6 months previously at three times that price with the likelihood of recovering at least that within 6 months.  We've given them a chance to double their money in 18 months.

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’d be surprised if the fee isn’t mandatory, else what does Gala gain? 

This is what I've said all along. Loads of deals have started to be done like this over the last season or so, just looks like a way to delay the full deal to get round FFP for this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, where do you think he plays in our best XI? 

Maybe I'll rephrase that. If he had to start on Saturday, where would you fit him in?

Diaby's sub replacement maybe even Ollie. 

Maybe I'll rephrase that. If he had to start on Saturday, where would you fit him in?

I think we could see him behind Watkins, playing as an AM which would then move Diaby over to LM. 

I don't know if he was the reaction to Buendia, but he plays on the right so he's certainly not going to slot in there. 

shadow striker or right wing/right inside forward.

aka, the bailey role.

• Like 1

Â