Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, allani said:

I do worry that this new refereeing objective to let the game flow more means that more niggly fouls will go unpunished and that as a result we will see more flare ups in general when players feel they have to take matters into their own hands.

Or just bringing it back up to the game that we know and grew to love.. Ala 1994/95 when Vinnie Jones would go crunching in on Roy Keane, leaving him in a heap but the game continued as normal and Keane picked himself up, dusted himself off and on we went and the flow of the game continued...  How it should be!!

(I dare say some of our more seasoned fans on here can describe better examples!  B))

11 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

If that is close to being the terms of the deal then that looks like a great option for us and Gala - win/win.  For £4million we get to really check whether Zaniolo can adjust to the Premier League.  If not then we've really not lost much financially.  If he can then £24m to sign a player of his class is an absolute steal (even with add-ons/bonuses).  If this guy gets back to his best then he's easily a £50-60m player.  I think we will need some patience when he arrives - he's a guy who has been asked to dribble with the ball and run at defenders - so he's likely to give the ball away a lot.  But if / when he gets going he's someone that will get bums out of seats and do stuff that sometimes doesn't even look possible.  I really, really hope it works out - for Villa, for Italy and for him.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

It will be interesting to see whether the transfer fee is mandatory or optional.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't the latter (although it makes a bit less sense for Galatasary).  The former only really makes sense from an FFP perspective and there is not much to suggest from our previous signings this summer than we need to be hugely elaborate in the structuring of our deals generally.  This type of deal has been mentioned from last week so I don't think it's structured to give us more room for manouevre following the injuries to Ty and Emi.

Â