Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

By all accounts he wanted to leave Roma but didn't get a move before the window closed and then was getting abuse from Roma fans, there are reports that they came to his house etc. So he had to leave asap and Turkey was the only option at the time due to the window being closed elsewhere. 

So i've read.

Yeah, he fell out with Mourinho, then he didn't get picked anymore. Mourinho span that as Zaniolo wanted out at all costs, didn't want to play for Roma anymore. There was a press conference, I think before the Napoli game, where Mourinho was banging on about Zaniolo wanting to leave for 2 months and wouldn't play etc. etc. 

This whipped up the fans against him and he got out as soon as he could. The non mental fans were upset because it hadn't worked out and losing someone who was going to be someone to build a team around and was such a massive talent was yet another time that Roma had something great and it slipped through their fingers. The mental fans wanted to smash his car and house up because they thought he was stealing a wage whilst refusing to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, rodders0223 said:

This will be my last post on this site as it is now impossible to display an opinion or be contradictory in any way to the club without being belittled.

Everything is brilliant and the club will never get anything wrong every again or do something someone might actually not agree with.

Brilliant.

End football.

Pompous BS is to be ignored. Keep posting opinions.

Just now, romavillan said:

I had the Emery police on me for suggesting Olsen wasn't up to it in the Olsen thread. I think it's becoming a thing, you can't criticise a player/decision it seems without insulting Emery. I think Emery is the greatest thing to happen to Villa since I can remember, I don't think Olsen is. Both can be true at the same time regardless of what Emery thinks of Olsen.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have to sign someone. We can't lose a player like Buendia with the window still open and actually not replace him. We need another attacking player 

I expect 2 new forwards

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiittt…… @romavillan and @allani have me crazy excited now!!! We HAVE to sign him! I didn’t realise he was quite that highly rated and quite that technically skilled… sounds like it’s just injuries that have hampered him and poor treatment from fans that affected him… he needs to come into a positive, family atmosphere….. welcome to Unai-versity where everyone thrives! He will feel the love, especially if he makes an immediate impact… 

N let’s get Chiesa to “help him settle” 😉 

Wow, we would be an amazing team and tear opposition to shreds!

OK hold on @Jas10 - even I'm not crazy excited yet!  I mean if we can get him back to his best then absolutely yes.  But it is a gamble.  For the money that appears to be likely it seems like a reasonable gamble to me - a huge upside if it works and not too big a downside it if doesn't.   Almost one of those where I would be happy if we do sign him and also happy if we don't.  The thing is if we don't sign him and he goes elsewhere and rediscovers his best form then he will almost certainly become unattainable (until we win the Champions League in 2026).

In terms of whether he is suited to the Premier League - I think that one thing in his favour (and possibly why I made the link with Gazza before) is that his ball control is excellent and he has the ability to do things that defenders just aren't expecting to make space / get past players BUT the added bonus is that his upper body strength is really good too - so he can really muscle his way out of tight spots and not just rely on guile.  I think that's a good combination to have for English football - all guile and you can just be physically eased out of matches.

Hmm dunno about this. 

Have a mate who supports Fenerbahce who told me he hasn't really been that good for Gala. Basically he clearly has the talent, which everyone seems to agree on, but the application isn't there. 

A loan with an option to buy rather than obligation would be ideal.

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hmm dunno about this. 

Have a mate who supports Fenerbahce who told me he hasn't really been that good for Gala. Basically he clearly has the talent, which everyone seems to agree on, but the application isn't there. 

Is it because of his 2 ACL tears in the same year? I can see something like that really shaking a players confidence.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hmm dunno about this. 

We don't have much option. We lost a key player to an ACL injury. We have to make moves to sign at least one more player, likely need two if we are letting Ramsey and Archer leave

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah, he fell out with Mourinho, then he didn't get picked anymore. Mourinho span that as Zaniolo wanted out at all costs, didn't want to play for Roma anymore. There was a press conference, I think before the Napoli game, where Mourinho was banging on about Zaniolo wanting to leave for 2 months and wouldn't play etc. etc. 

This whipped up the fans against him and he got out as soon as he could. The non mental fans were upset because it hadn't worked out and losing someone who was going to be someone to build a team around and was such a massive talent was yet another time that Roma had something great and it slipped through their fingers. The mental fans wanted to smash his car and house up because they thought he was stealing a wage whilst refusing to play.

Standard Mourinho man management then

• Like 2

There's not much chance of this being an "OK" or reasonable transfer.

It's a heroic success or a flaming wreckage.

Not sure I like it for this reason.

The constant niggly injuries are of more concern to me than the ACL. But the ACL is bad as well.

35 minutes ago, allani said:

OK hold on @Jas10 - even I'm not crazy excited yet!  I mean if we can get him back to his best then absolutely yes.  But it is a gamble.  For the money that appears to be likely it seems like a reasonable gamble to me - a huge upside if it works and not too big a downside it if doesn't.   Almost one of those where I would be happy if we do sign him and also happy if we don't.  The thing is if we don't sign him and he goes elsewhere and rediscovers his best form then he will almost certainly become unattainable (until we win the Champions League in 2026).

In terms of whether he is suited to the Premier League - I think that one thing in his favour (and possibly why I made the link with Gazza before) is that his ball control is excellent and he has the ability to do things that defenders just aren't expecting to make space / get past players BUT the added bonus is that his upper body strength is really good too - so he can really muscle his way out of tight spots and not just rely on guile.  I think that's a good combination to have for English football - all guile and you can just be physically eased out of matches.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â