Charles De Ketelaere

Wes

I thought he looked amazing when linked heavily with Leeds. He was close to going at the same time they were after Gakpo, real sliding doors moment for them. 

I think he'd be great for us as long as we play to his strengths. Throw him in on the opening weekend and / or play him in the Watkins role and he'll be toast. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Scenes of Monchi walking down the steps of the private jet carrying a suitcase full of Nassefs millions, walking behind Don Unai and meeting the Milan officials at the arrivals lounge..

Monchi sliding the suitcase across the table to the Milan suits.. *Nods* "Open It"

... "€30m for Charles, take it or leave it"

Don Unai just sitting there the whole time, grinning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It doesn't seem he was the player that I thought he might be, and I thought he was going to be fantastic. Before Milan I would have bitten your arm off to sign him. That said if he can resurrect his career, he could still be good. He definitely needs the right environment. Maybe that's under Unai's wing?

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I tire of Buendia being bullied off the ball and this kid is even weaker. He has no pace either. He'd come into Buendias place but he's not as good. I don't see it. 

It looks like De Ketelaere can dribble a bit though. Buendia's not really great at that.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Peter Crouch if he played further back and was three inches shorter. And Belgian. And with a better name. 

Okay, so he's nothing like Peter Crouch. 

For some reason, whenever I see Charles' name written down, in my head Rik Mayall says it and takes ages over the last syllable. De Ketelaeeeeeeeere. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Someone's fished out one of Lange's old copies of The Big Book of Brugge Boys from the trash.

Get him a Spanish passport, and this transfer is as good as sealed!

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

How can he flop at Ac Milan but yet they want 32m euro for him and a 30% sell on clause? Players don't increase in value by playing rubbish, if they did we'd get £100m for Bailey.

Premier league tax.

They're signing Pulisic for only 20m.

No way Lens could afford 32m euros.

Get the feeling this is just placed interest to get Diaby over the line quickly. 

Leipzig would be a good move for him.

Â