Charles De Ketelaere

Wes

Italian Newspaper Gazzetta Del A Sport are reporting we've made a 25m Euro offer for Attacking Midfielder/Second Striker Charles De Ketelaere - 22yo Belgian.

Article link is here:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Milan/13-07-2023/milan-de-ketelaere-in-uscita-l-aston-villa-offre-25-milioni.shtml#

Bullet points from the translation:

• Milan asking for/likely to ask for 30m euros plus bonuses/sell-on clauses.
  • He was a very highly regarded prospect before joining AC Milan last summer where it's not gone well for him at all.
  • With Pulisic moving to Milan, it appears De Ketelaere is being told he can leave for the right price.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From what I’ve seen of him he plays like Odegaard, just slightly further up the pitch. Raw, young, not worked out at Milan…is that because it just hasn’t worked out at Milan or because he can’t play in a top league….no idea.  For €25m or close to that it’s a gamble worth taking imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

Italian Newspaper Gazzetta Del A Sport are reporting we've made a 25m Euro offer for Attacking Midfielder/Second Striker Charles De Ketelaere - 22yo Belgian.

Article link is here:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Milan/13-07-2023/milan-de-ketelaere-in-uscita-l-aston-villa-offre-25-milioni.shtml#

Bullet points from the translation:

• Milan asking for/likely to ask for 30m euros plus bonuses/sell-on clauses.
  • He was a very highly regarded prospect before joining AC Milan last summer where it's not gone well for him at all.
  • With Pulisic moving to Milan, it appears De Ketelaere is being told he can leave for the right price.

Desperately wanted us to get him before he went to Milan and think this could be a an astute bit of business at the right price. He tanked last season for sure but always felt he would be suited to the Premier league. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

From what I’ve seen of him he plays like Odegaard, just slightly further up the pitch. Raw, young, not worked out at Milan…is that because it just hasn’t worked out at Milan or because he can’t play in a top league….no idea.  For €25m or close to that it’s a gamble worth taking imo

Apparently he started very well  but Pioli killed his confidence.

• Like 1

I actually nearly posted de Ketelare in the Summer Transfer Window thread the other day.

TheTrees said on Twitter that a private jet coming into BHX was then positioning to go out to Milan

Trawling through both Milan teams squads, De Ketelaere seemed the most natural, realistic fit for what we need in the squad. 

Obviously there were others I'd have loved Leao, Lautaro Martinez etc... But De Ketelaere seemed like a semi-realistic option in a position we need.

Has been at most dreadful for Milan, he looks like a child plucked out of a crowd to play a senior game.

Unless has an intense summer gym routine he will be eaten alive in the Premier League

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

How can he flop at Ac Milan but yet they want 32m euro for him and a 30% sell on clause? Players don't increase in value by playing rubbish, if they did we'd get £100m for Bailey.

Which is exactly why this will be a tricky negotiation.

Milan want to have their cake and eat it.

**** em.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Which is exactly why this will be a tricky negotiation.

Milan want to have their cake and eat it.

**** em.

Also given they've already bought his replacement they don't really have a leg to stand on. It's just the premier league tax in full force. 

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Also given they've already bought his replacement they don't really have a leg to stand on. It's just the premier league tax in full force. 

He wasnt a starter last season 

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I actually nearly posted de Ketelare in the Summer Transfer Window thread the other day.

TheTrees said on Twitter that a private jet coming into BHX was then positioning to go out to Milan

Trawling through both Milan teams squads, De Ketelaere seemed the most natural, realistic fit for what we need in the squad. 

Obviously there were others I'd have loved Leao, Lautaro Martinez etc... But De Ketelaere seemed like a semi-realistic option in a position we need.

Kalulu was linked last week

Sounds like an interesting player but don't see us getting bullied around in negotiations to purchase him. 

If we don't get him for a fair price, Milan will have a very unhappy player on their hands, sounds like he might want out too.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Â