Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like him but it’s bit of a concern when a team can sell their best player and then be in contention to do a Leicester.

Bad comparison, Leverkusen have missed qualifying for Europe once in 15 years

They are called Neverkusen for a reason

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Daft comparison. Bayer have never won the league before though so it will be a shock if they pull it off.

There is an inside joke in Germany that they are the “almost” team…

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - that kind of thing…

Leicester weren’t even the cleaner at the registry office the year they won it 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Risso said:

Do we have to wait two years for Diaby then? 

What's the other option send him to Turkey on loan and not get a penny for him?? 

Bailey came good after 80% of VT wrote him off as 💩 

There is talent there, can't deny that. 

Not going to write the bloke off just yet.

• Like 1

It's obvious his confidence is shit. Have we learned nothing from Bailey? We need to back him. We saw how he can play earlier in the season when he didn't have his swagger sapped away from him by the rigors of the PL.

we move the ball to slow for our wingers to have any real impact.....how many times was cash caught one and one compared to Baily and Diarby.....not as near half.

We need to get both of them more one on one with the fullback so that we can get the best out of them and that means we need to move the ball faster wide and not allow the fullbacks time to set.

Both our wingers get the ball under pressure and often have to check back or pass back...lets get them going forward!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Risso said:

Do we have to wait two years for Diaby then? 

I think he'll be better next season. We've already seen he's got it, he was excellent early doors. Unai also makes players better in the end. 

Could do with a decent contribution from him still this year though, perhaps especially in the Conference if he's not starting in the league. 

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think he was good before Bailey was subbed off. Doubling up on that right side gave him more space.

He wasn't.  He either runs straight into his defender or attempts a cut back that goes straight to a defender.

He has the gaffer's support at the very least. He knows he needs time to get up to speed with his performances and in his words he's not "in a hurry to get it". Wish our fans were half as patient as the guy whose job rests on the performance of these players.

We need to be patient. The ability is there, we all saw it at the start of the season.

Quite similar to Bailey. It was clear in Bailey's debut against Everton he was an explosive player but he lost his way after that.

I really back Emery's team to Diaby firing long term

• Like 3

On 16/02/2024 at 17:31, Captain_Townsend said:

We need to be patient. The ability is there, we all saw it at the start of the season.

Quite similar to Bailey. It was clear in Bailey's debut against Everton he was an explosive player but he lost his way after that.

I really back Emery's team to Diaby firing long term

The slow reintroduction will hep his confidence.

He is not up for it at the moment, doesn’t have speed, forgets the ball, falls over. We might just as well try Zaniolo or Rogers instead of Diaby, because that doesn’t work 

Â