Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

The other thing is that until they bring in some sorts of sensor in the ball and players' boots, it's impossible to tell the precise moment when the ball left a player's boot anyway, so decisions down to millimetres are nonsense by definition.

• Like 4

On 16/09/2023 at 19:23, DJBOB said:

Electric. Can't help but feel he should be played out wide a bit more but Unai knows best.

Down the flank, he was killing Ward once he moved to the left.

Agree with this, when he plays inside next to Watkins he often doesn't get the ball in any space meaning he has to work to get away from the defender.

He's at his most dangerous in space when he can run at players. When he's out wide if you can get running into space left by the full back (see the third goal), or running at a full back you back him the majority of the time to create something.

I also think he's more effective with Bailey on the pitch (when the right Leon Bailey has turned up).

Is it wrong to worry that the likes of City will come sniffing around at the end of the season? This guy just have serious aspirations so if we're not top 6 / 4 at the end of the season will he want to move on?

I still believe, the same maxim for the ball over the line, should be adopted, and create some consistency....the same as the corner kick quadrant, relying on space between the line and the ball

If there is a gap between the offensive player and the last defender, its offside.....if there is no gap, its on.....thats my view of what it should be....and Moussa would have had a perfectly good goal...its stifling the game

The objective of the original rule, to stop goal hanging has been lost to history......To keep the game as a spectacle, this rule would slightly favour the forward, and we could see more goals.

There are too many well executed goals disallowed, under the current rules, its surpressing the skill of the game....its much harder to create than destroy....that should be rewarded by a miniscule advantage, the air gap would do that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Is it wrong to worry that the likes of City will come sniffing around at the end of the season? This guy just have serious aspirations so if we're not top 6 / 4 at the end of the season will he want to move on?

I think it would be odd to lose him after just one season, especially if we finish top 8 or so.

But yes in a couple of seasons, if he’s our standout player and we aren’t adding similar quality around him, it will be tough to stop him going to a side challenging for the champions league.

Either way, we have a class player here who won’t be cheap. Really love watching him in a Villa shirt… just seems to do everything well. Touch, dribbling, shooting, all at pace and with good physicality and awareness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

You think Jack is our best ever player? 

Depends what caveats you want to put down on it. He's pretty close for me.

Football has changed so much. A different sport from the 80s and 90s.

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

Other than Jack, I think he might be the best player ever to play for us. 

Ashley Young first spell or Barry was better than Grealish. Others like Yorke too but thats without even mentioning God 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I still believe, the same maxim for the ball over the line, should be adopted, and create some consistency....the same as the corner kick quadrant, relying on space between the line and the ball

If there is a gap between the offensive player and the last defender, its offside.....if there is no gap, its on.....thats my view of what it should be....and Moussa would have had a perfectly good goal.

The objective of the original rule, to stop goal hanging has been lost to history......To keep the game as a spectacle, this rule would slightly favour the forward, and we could see more goals.

There are too many well executed goals disallowed, under the current rules, its surpressing the skill of the game....its much harder to create than destroy....that should be rewarded by a miniscule advantage, the air gap would do that.

Just use the feet placement to measure if its offside or not, not shoulders, head, chest or anything else

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

That’s always the worry unfortunately, but we double our money at least 

Â