Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Lost the ball a few times, didn't have the best of nights, but... he actually creates a lot of space for others around him. Bailey is definitely reaping the rewards having Diaby alongside him.

It seems like opponents are having to choose who to mark between Bailey and Diaby. Newcastle chose Bailey and out 2 and 3 on him all game and gave Diaby a tonne of time and space trusting their CBs to do a good enough job on him.

Everton and Hibs were instead sending 2 at diaby which let Bailey isolate consistently and get good opportunities. 

19 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

You spend a lot of  time critiquing twitter rumours that you believe are fake

spacer.png

Yes I do. So what. I'm not negative about current squad compared to players that haven't even signed. Some people would get rid half the squad and people call me negative. It's a **** joke

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes I do. So what. I'm not negative about current squad compared to players that haven't even signed. Some people would get rid half the squad and people call me negative. It's a **** joke

Alright Karen, settle down.

:trollface:

Thought Diaby had a solid game, he has the same kinda drive as Ashley Young did when he was the same age.

1 hour ago, Crumpet said:

It may have been said but he reminds me of Mane when he was at liverpool. Electric pace, makes space for others and always direct. 

Diaby is Him

I thought this too. Like Mane, he's a really intelligent player - makes so much space for others. Can assist without touching the ball.

He’s a very good player, other teams get aware of him, which give more space for other players (especially Bailey). He’d still have had couple of assists and a goal last two games, but it’s also good that he gives other players more space. Always a threat to other teams.

On 23/08/2023 at 22:53, jackbauer24 said:

Very strongly disagree and think Unai would too! You should analyse every game, every performance regardless of the result. We should see what worked, what didn't, who performed and who showed weaknesses. And use that information to carry on improving.

The performance today from most was actually average at best, I'm not sure the application was really there throughout the team. Diaby had his worst game for us so far, including friendlies, as he lost the ball a lot and tried to be a little too clever with a number of situations where he could have been a lot more effective.

So, while clearly an incredibly talented player, analysing his performance today would perhaps show he didn't approach the game with quite the right mindset and I think Unai would address that.

It’s ok for a manager to analyse everything, but as a fan why don’t you just enjoy a 5-0 victory. 

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s ok for a manager to analyse everything, but as a fan why don’t you just enjoy a 5-0 victory. 

I did. I don't quite understand why they're are seen as separate things. Equally, I've seen us lose and been happy with aspects of our performance or certain players contributions.

But if we're all supposed to just be happy after a game, should we close down the boards for 24hrs after a win?! I don't quite get the logic!

26 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

cant belelieve what i see on twitter one villa fan says waste of money

God almighty this act is tired.

Make it funny if you're going to post balls on here pretending to be a villa fan.

Clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â