Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, Farlz said:

kDW19vs.pngvMXBfGZ.png

Looking past just goals and assists they're both extremely similar, hence the concerns. 

Diaby however is coming into a much better situation and will have much better coaching of course so you'd hope he doesn't shit the bed like Bailey did. Obviously as well it would be ideal that Diaby doesn't pick up any early injuries and ruin any momentum. 

If you were to show me these 2 before signing either, I'd have went with Bailey. I think that injury really derailed his time here. Hopefully Diaby hits the ground running as Leon did, and stays fit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Post has nothing to do with Diaby as a player but the market.

You can enjoy a signing and at the same time criticize the ridiculous money in football and especially Premier League. I don't like where it's going and where it leaves the other leagues.

You mean the other leagues who benefit from the cash injection from the premier league buying their players ? If the rumoured €40mill is true then that just scraps into the top 100 of fees paid by premier league teams… 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB1/plus//galerie/0?saison_id=alle&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=zu

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Man. City have  signed full backs for 40-50m for years.

When you look at West Ham they've signed numerous attackers in 40-50m range since about 2018.

Felipe Anderson was 35m and he came in summer 2018 so would be about 50m now if they were signing that type of player. Paqueta was about 40m last summer and they signed Haller for 45m in 2019.

We signed Ollie when he'd never played in the prem for nearly 30m so personally I don't see a relatively proven top level Bundesliga guy with seasons in CL and caps for France as that overpriced, I would actually say Buendia at 35m or thereabouts was more extortionate. 

Other people signing shit players for huge fees does not mean it's OK if we do.

We've not been great as soon as we go into the £30m range. I think that can be widely agreed on.

Agree with your Diaby assessment.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Other people signing shit players for huge fees does not mean it's OK if we do.

We've not been great as soon as we go into the £30m range. I think that can be widely agreed on.

Agree with your Diaby assessment.

Ultimately it's just premier league tax. Foreign clubs take note of the ridiculous Broadcasting revenues English teams get and adjust their selling price accordingly. 

If Diaby had wanted to go back to PSG I bet you he'd have been in the 35-40m range.

AC Milan barely even paid 20m for Pulisic in the end. I know he's had loads of injuries in last two years but this is basically guy with similar profile to Diaby in Bundesliga and will be one of the most marketable players at the next World Cup.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ultimately it's just premier league tax. Foreign clubs take note of the ridiculous Broadcasting revenues English teams get and adjust their selling price accordingly. 

If Diaby had wanted to go back to PSG I bet you he'd have been in the 35-40m range.

AC Milan barely even paid 20m for Pulisic in the end. I know he's had loads of injuries in last two years but this is basically guy with similar profile to Diaby in Bundesliga and will be one of the most marketable players at the next World Cup.

Diaby was wanted by his team, Pulisic isn’t wanted as a starter by his team and they need overhaul.

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

What so we think the fee is?!, seems some very varied claims out there.....

Something like 36.5m up front, with a other 10m or so in add ons?!?!

I have no idea...just jesting.

• Like 1

I thought Bailey looked pretty good at the end of last season. His right sided goal line cut backs were dangerous. I don't think he has got his confidence back yet when it comes to flat out sprints, but hopefully that will come if he plays injury free for a while.

I think that he, Watkins and Diaby can be a very effective source of goals and assists. Emery appears to like him and that probably means that he will be a regular match day squad player this coming season. A fully fit Leon would be a frightening impact sub against tiring defences.

• Like 1

Â