Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

That's no reason to not try though, we can't just never pay for the CL level players for fear of failure. Looks like this is the level of player we are pitching for now so they can't all turn out bad. You have to expect sometimes it just doesn't work out, but that shouldn't be the expectation.

I agree with you. Just feels a whole new level of expensive. 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

No guarantee that Diaby would work out, but he's one of the hottest properties in football right now, Bailey isn't, that's the different between the two players.

One of the hottest properties that doesn’t seem to have anyone else in for him.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Villa Fans: We need a record signing to tip us over the edge. 

*Villa try to do exactly that*

Also Villa fans: No not for Player A, I only heard about him last week! It should be Player B, I heard of him 3 weeks ago, he's definitely worth it.

Haha I never actually mentioned a player B. Just ‘player A’ few more years into his development and costing us £100m. 

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Arsenal hold a close interest, supposedly why we are pushing hard to close out before their pieces of transfer jigsaw dictate they have to up their interest.

Interesting that Romano says the player wants the move. That’s golden…

Going to be controversial with some posters - but I do think that Bailey will be better this season.  I think he's taken a while to know what we want him to do and was then probably trying too hard and was short on confidence.  I think that towards the end of the season he set up some really excellent assists (i.e. pretty much put on a plate) by driving into the box and then cutting the ball back for a late arriving midfielder.  If Diaby comes then maybe that is something that will help Bailey even more - someone who can give him refind his mojo if you like.  I think some people have written him off too soon and so that makes writing off Diaby because of the "similarity" to Bailey even weirder.  We've been crying out for years about being linked to genuinely good players and now people are writing off regular French, Italian and Spanish international players as "high risk" / almost certain failures.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He's not the finished article...  Needs another huge season at Neverkusen or someone else for the big boys to spend that much on him.  He's raw but better than Bailey and could turn into a world beater with the right coaching.  I think he's our #2 option after Williams decided to stay at Bilbao again.  

Â