Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You’re still not giving us much. Care to explain some of the risks?

Risky he plays for us for four years at an exceptionally high level and then breaks our hearts when he moves to Saudi for £250m after securing us our third in a row Champions League trophy.  The risk is to our hearts and falling in love with him and then he leaves…

Edited by nick76

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You’re still not giving us much. Care to explain some of the risks?

Surely it’s self explanatory? 

It’s risky in the same way Leon Bailey was risky. Lots of recent purchases from Germany haven’t been successful - Bailey, Sancho, Havertz, Werner etc. 

40m-50m is very risky on someone who may not work out. This has the potential to be another Bailey. 

Would I rather Torres for the reported 25m who has already played in the league . . . Yes I would. 

That do for you? 

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

It’s risky in the same way Leon Bailey was risky. Lots of recent purchases from Germany haven’t been successful - Bailey, Sancho, Havertz, Werner etc. 

40m-50m is very risky on someone who may not work out. This has the potential to be another Bailey. 

Would I rather Torres for the reported 25m who has already played in the league . . . Yes I would. 

That do for you? 

Yeah, he hasn’t. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

That do for you? 

I know some people love to troll on here, but come on man.  Fernando Torres is 39, hasn't played since 2019 and is currently managing the Atletico Madrid U19's.  Why would you rather pay £25m for him?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, he hasn’t. 

Wrong Torres - I’m talking about Ferran Torres. 

Feisty bunch in here, you lot! Am I allowed to think Diaby is a risk and could go the same way as Bailey? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Feisty bunch in here, you lot! Am I allowed to think Diaby is a risk and could go the same way as Bailey? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

45 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

No and also if you ever bad mouth Traoré or Dendonker you’re in trouble mate!

8 minutes ago, picicata said:

But don't combine the two

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Come on, no one on VT would be daft enough  to contribute to a 300 odd page thread mixing the two 

Meet Rosie from Washington State….America always provides 😳

IMG_1732.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I was confused because I thought you were talking about Pau Torres.

Anyway, at least you have now set out your predictions about how he will perform. Anyone with a predilection to do so will now be able to revisit the early pages of this thread - should we actually buy him - and assess how much of a Mystic Meg you turned out to be.

BTW I think it is going some to claim that Sancho and Havertz haven’t been “successful”. They may not have lived up to the excessive hype of the British press but if, say, we bought Diaby and then in 3 years time sold him to Arsenal for the equivalent of £65m I would not consider that a total disaster. 

4 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

That do for you? 

Can’t we have both F Torres AND Diaby? (and Felix?)

Â