Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

4 hours ago, Ingers said:

There was never a question re the Lion from me - this current one all the way, I was just comparing designs side by side to highlight (my perceived) problems with the old blob - especially when badge is smaller.

I will admit to warming to a golden lion whilst doing them, (hence two in my final 5)  - but only if there is significant Claret n Blue to ensure the gold is an addition, not a focus (in the last design the lion has been reduced compared to claret component)

I would be happy to buy merchandise with any of these designs (even if they weren't mine!) or Tash's AV Diamond - but I'm very unlikely to buy anything with the leaked horror show drop shadow on it......

In its silhouette form, the new lion wins. I’d love to see an illustration version like the “blob” one has (which I like) 

I'm also a fan of the gold Lion too, but only on the claret background.. in fact I’d love the club to introduce the gold in to our official colours… just a tiny bit for detailling. 

ahhh the drop shadow, I get it why it’s there, to try and add more contrast between the gold and blue, but tbh it’s not the badges biggest crime. It’s biggest crime is it’s basically the Lerner badge…. Again. Another tweek, another version of something the fans don’t “love” they may put up with it, but it’s not an “our badge” thing. I don’t think it ever was 

28 minutes ago, est1874 said:
13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The round badge looks good. 

The lion looks great. 

The issue is it looks to similar to Chelsea. It's …. really a fault of the design company. The other option they provided was shit

I would go further and say that the other option was not better by half. It's what I voted for and I would do again if given a choice between all the various possible badges.

But the most vocal, proactive and overwhelming majority elements of our fanbase get swept up time and again in nostalgia and that's what happened again in this case, to our benefit

FTFY

Just because you guys don’t like it doesn’t mean it was bad.  All design companies get given brief’s and seem to do ok and yes this design company didn’t blow it out of the park but they had plenty to work with and really didn’t do much.  Fan designs with the same restrictions seem to produce fantastic versions.  It’s not the fans fault.

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

in fact I’d love the club to introduce the gold in to our official colours

We are Claret and Blue, not Claret, Blue and Gold.  I don’t think gold should be in it at all but appreciate sometimes it can help but definitely no to anything official.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We are Claret and Blue, not Claret, Blue and Gold.  I don’t think gold should be in it at all but appreciate sometimes it can help but definitely no to anything official.

Naaa, Not an “and gold” level of introduction. Something much smaller, just there doing a job to make the claret and blue look better. 

part of the charm of the old round badge, is the gold elements to it. 

GettyImages-1632929.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Naaa, Not an “and gold” level of introduction. Something much smaller, just there doing a job to make the claret and blue look better. 

part of the charm of the old round badge, is the gold elements to it. 

GettyImages-1632929.0.jpg

Yeah, the gold make us stand apart and adds that vibrancy and extra touch of class…

A shame we’ve used yellow for so long when it should have been gold.

Claret, blue and gold “trims” and/or lion…

• Like 1

Always thought we “perfected it” here… lovely strip, lovely colours and lovely badge.

That touch of gold just adds to and completes it 👌

If we were gonna take inspiration from that badge, all we needed to do was update the lion and text and not turn it around FFS! 😆

Would many have complained?

I’ve always seen us as the vibrant and best (also the original) claret and blue team… not dull, dark and boring like West Ham and Burnley.

Doubt we’ve got it as “right” as we had back then:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Beautiful, bold, vibrant, classy 👌

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, the gold make us stand apart and adds that vibrancy and extra touch of class…

A shame we’ve used yellow for so long when it should have been gold.

Claret, blue and gold “trims” and/or lion…

Exactly. The gold just adds a touch off class to our colour palette without being in everyone’s face. 

also a gold lion on a claret background looks infinitely better than the blue lion on a claret background. that’s just visual contrast rather than desire 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 4

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Exactly. The gold just adds a touch off class to our colour palette without being in everyone’s face. 

also a gold lion on a claret background looks infinitely better than the blue lion on a claret background. that’s just, visual contrast rather than desire 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Not normally a fan of stripes (especially narrow ones) but this had a lot of appeal too… not sure if it’s influenced by my love of Merse and especially Carbone at the time 😂

The badge isn’t great though… the lines don’t help at all… should’ve just been a claret background and then the lion would’ve stood out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loved the old baggy type shirts 😆 instead of all this modern, skin tight crap 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not normally a fan of stripes (especially narrow ones) but this had a lot of appeal too… not sure if it’s influenced by my love of Merse and especially Carbone at the time 😂

The badge isn’t great though… the lines don’t help at all… should’ve just been a claret background and then the lion would’ve stood out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loved the old baggy type shirts 😆 instead of all this modern, skin tight crap 😆

That's a nice kit, and like you, I'm not general a fan of stripes.

48 minutes ago, Ingers said:

9rnGUjj.png

1982 - but in a shield because the powers that be don't want a circle....

and @Jas10 sorry, but no stripes, ever again.....

Home: Claret shirt, blue sleeves, white shorts, blue socks..

Away: White with claret n blue trim/shorts/socks different to home so can be mixed and matched, (eg 1981, 82 etc)

Third: (if we have to to make $ and satisfy the youngsters who are bored with 'essential' Aston Villa) - anything tasteful, but NEVER blue.....

Nice 

Oh, I’m with you…. I don’t want stripes at all, was I not clear on that? 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

9rnGUjj.png

Away: White with claret n blue trim/shorts/socks different to home so can be mixed and matched, (eg 1981, 82 etc)

Third: (if we have to to make $ and satisfy the youngsters who are bored with 'essential' Aston Villa) - anything tasteful, but NEVER blue.....

Could def get on board with this. 

Feels classic and modern at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

9rnGUjj.png

A thousand times better than what we’ve got

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Could def get on board with this. 

Feels classic and modern at the same time. 

"If Aston Villa was a super car". Bit of a Ferrari feel to it. Very premium. I like it.

• Like 1

Â