Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

8 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This will be the one you mean I think. We know it can't be accurate because of the sponsor, but, it is Adidas's 2024 template and i'd suggest it's not far off what we'll end up with.

I'd be surprised if the PL allow us to have that AV150 logo there at the size they've done it.

wO2iEBS.png

The lion is missing an eye, someone clearly downloaded a template and did a horrible job with it. 

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

the Turkish seller said it’s a copy of our new kit.

Also.. of COURSE he said that :D 

Claret lion (new one!) on blue back ground, gold trim, or

Gold Lion on Claret with significant blue....

otherwise we don't represent claret n blue, look like West Ham's Badge, or even Bradford's.

If we are about building a 'brand' we need to brand ourselves claret and blue - we are the original ( and currently best) Claret and (light) Blue team in Europe/World? - if we are to honour our rich history and fans, whilst trying to build a new bigger global fan base/customer base - it HAS to say Claret and Blue (with the gold for detail, depth etc. as needed)

Yellow or Gold on light blue is a disaster and will need addressing again in a few years.  

The badge is used so often away from the shirt, in graphics, TV, websites, papers, documents, other merchandise - it has to be predominantly claret and blue, with a rampant lion or its not Aston Villa.

@PerryBarrPet - the city of birmingham crest badge was only a bit of fun, and one of many I knocked up - but I didn't really think we should adopt it!  (I'd take it over the leaked one, but there are so many other good ones on here)

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I forget which one of you on here did this. but found it in my phone when looking for something.

Still outstanding IMO

IMG-20240429-WA0001.jpg

God i wish it was this… just with the right blue. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This will be the one you mean I think. We know it can't be accurate because of the sponsor, but, it is Adidas's 2024 template and i'd suggest it's not far off what we'll end up with.

I'd be surprised if the PL allow us to have that AV150 logo there at the size they've done it.

wO2iEBS.png

I thought Adidas tier 2 clubs like villa got a custom kit, rather then a template. Surely the150 logo would either be on the sleeve or at the top of the back of the shirt like we have with the little lion.

Edited by Made In Aston

24 minutes ago, Ingers said:

I can't believe Captain 'onbrand' has seemingly sanctioned two new logos (club badge and 150 'mark') with different fonts, different clarets, different blues, with yellow on one, gold on the other - doesn't the term 'brand' infer consistency across output?

They haven't officially released anything though...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They haven't officially released anything though...

The 150 mark is on the website and was on the centre circle on Saturday - and hence the "seemingly" re the badge! Maybe he's a genius and has registered those terrible badges with copyright, to throw us off the sent for a big, coherent, on brand release, ....one day, soon....

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

wO2iEBS.png

Obviously a fake (the stitching is terrible) but does really emphasise how awful the current branding coming out of the club is. It's such a shame, because without the AV150/HIOSU/whatever it is & the genuinely eyesore badge it'd be a great kit...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spiezels said:

God i wish it was this… just with the right blue. 

The continuing inability of people mocking up crests to use the correct shade of blue is quite strange.

That said, this badge is absolute quality otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

Claret lion (new one!) on blue back ground, gold trim, or

Gold Lion on Claret with significant blue....

otherwise we don't represent claret n blue, look like West Ham's Badge, or even Bradford's.

If we are about building a 'brand' we need to brand ourselves claret and blue - we are the original ( and currently best) Claret and (light) Blue team in Europe/World? - if we are to honour our rich history and fans, whilst trying to build a new bigger global fan base/customer base - it HAS to say Claret and Blue (with the gold for detail, depth etc. as needed)

Yellow or Gold on light blue is a disaster and will need addressing again in a few years.  

The badge is used so often away from the shirt, in graphics, TV, websites, papers, documents, other merchandise - it has to be predominantly claret and blue, with a rampant lion or its not Aston Villa.

@PerryBarrPet - the city of birmingham crest badge was only a bit of fun, and one of many I knocked up - but I didn't really think we should adopt it!  (I'd take it over the leaked one, but there are so many other good ones on here)

I agree on the Birmingham crest but another poster seemed to be serious about it (might have been an elaborate piss-take) but I could not let it pass.

9 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:
10 hours ago, Ingers said:

I agree on the Birmingham crest but another poster seemed to be serious about it (might have been an elaborate piss-take) but I could not let it pass.

Yes a bit of fun ... having said that ... it was well executed, imaginative, original as far as I can tell, a nod to our history and location,  and most importantly it will piss off blues fans. What surprises me is the quality of the various mock-ups compared to the current pale yellow on light blue. 

What surprised me was how seriously he (I presume) took it all. The badge I thought was brilliant. Well done. Better than any of the recent badges.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just curious what a claret outline around the lion would look and to what degree it would help the lion stand out… a darker shade of blue might help too and a “golder version” of the yellow… since they’re unwilling to drop the stupid colour scheme.

Sounds like an easy fix compared to the crap they have come up with and amateur drop shadow.

the same shade of claret outlining the lion may work… anyone wanna give it a go? @Ingers @fightoffyour @Teale's 'tache @Muller Yogurt Long Sleever

could also try in the crappy new badge… but change that horrid dark or almost black border to the bright claret of the original.

spacer.png

spacer.png

truly horrid 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just curious what a claret outline around the lion would look and to what degree it would help the lion stand out… a darker shade of blue might help too and a “golder version” of the yellow… since they’re unwilling to drop the stupid colour scheme.

Sounds like an easy fix compared to the crap they have come up with and amateur drop shadow.

the same shade of claret outlining the lion may work… anyone wanna give it a go? @Ingers @fightoffyour @Teale's 'tache @Muller Yogurt Long Sleever

could also try in the crappy new badge… but change that horrid dark or almost black border to the bright claret of the original.

spacer.png

spacer.png

truly horrid 🤦‍♂️

Sorry mate on my holidays at the minute so can't mock anything up right now. Back Tuesday, if nobody has done it before then I'll give it a go for you

Â