Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 hours ago, Ingers said:

9rnGUjj.png

1982 - but in a shield because the powers that be don't want a circle....

and @Jas10 sorry, but no stripes, ever again.....

Home: Claret shirt, blue sleeves, white shorts, blue socks..

Away: White with claret n blue trim/shorts/socks different to home so can be mixed and matched, (eg 1981, 82 etc)

Third: (if we have to to make $ and satisfy the youngsters who are bored with 'essential' Aston Villa) - anything tasteful, but NEVER blue.....

I think a gold line under Aston Villa would finish this off nicely.

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

I would go further and say that the other option was better by half. It's what I voted for and I would do again if given a choice between all the various possible badges.

But the most vocal and proactive elements of our fanbase get swept up time and again in nostalgia and that's what happened again in this case, to our detriment.

Absolutely agree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

FTFY

Just because you guys don’t like it doesn’t mean it was bad.  All design companies get given brief’s and seem to do ok and yes this design company didn’t blow it out of the park but they had plenty to work with and really didn’t do much.  Fan designs with the same restrictions seem to produce fantastic versions.  It’s not the fans fault.

Disagree the other option looked good. The round badge was a terrible choice by our fans. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree the other option looked good. The round badge was a terrible choice by our fans. 

But it was a choice. By fans.

And both options were much better than this supposed tweak we're getting.

If we do unveil an actual decent badge, all good. Crossed fingers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

But it was a choice. By fans.

And both options were much better than this supposed tweak we're getting.

If we do unveil an actual decent badge, all good. Crossed fingers.

This argument is tired and doesn't really go anywhere. The original Lerner badge was the result of fan survey also. The shitness of a thing is not mitigated by the fact that people voted for it. Telling people who didn't vote for and weren't happy with the outcome to suck it up because majority rules is not the way. A majority of people voted for Brexit. And dozens of other examples of terrible things being chosen through voting.

We need to get past this endless cycle of design by committee. The fans need to be consulted according to rules, but to what extent is unclear - I would argue more than Heck has done, but less than Purslow did. 

I also just think the whole thing is a bit of a farce now and we need to pick something and **** go with it, because apart from anything else, look at the state of this thread!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We need to get past this endless cycle of design by committee. The fans need to be consulted according to rules, but to what extent is unclear 

It's very simple, commission a design team to come up with 10 crest designs. Pick the five/three the people at the club like best. Put those five/three to a fan vote either to all season ticket holders or just the fan groups that meet the club. 

Job Done. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's very simple, commission a design team to come up with 10 crest designs. Pick the five/three the people at the club like best. Put those five/three to a fan vote either to all season ticket holders or just the fan groups that meet the club. 

Job Done. 

Not sure if sarcasm.

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree all you want but it’s a minority opinion.

18 minutes ago, Ingers said:

SFcVn34.png

This one is a little polarising  - we already do, but this would 'own the city'.....

I like the visual representation of the lion roaring AND farting. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ingers said:

SFcVn34.png

This one is a little polarising  - we already do, but this would 'own the city'.....

Looks like the lion is being electrocuted 

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

F1ia8Qr.png

A bit late, but as requested from @fightoffyour and @Stephen_Evans

Stephen, I don't think the middle one works cutting off the claret border - so just a more plain old school 3rd one.... 

The left one is quite nice

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It was a choice against one other badge of similar design but different shape. That's hardly a choice that should carry any weight moving forward.

This is the problem with fan consultation. If you don't do it right you get certain fans wanting to hold you to out of context results and then it's impossible to make anyone happy.

Consultation should never enter into elements or shapes. It should only ever be generally about what we want the badge to say about us, and it should only ever be to provide a brief to a professional designer.

Agreed.

That was the problem with the Lerner one. They did a survey, took everything that suggested the fans wanted and chucked it all onto one badge and went with it. It's like nbobdoy stood back and thought "ok but does this actually look good?"

Fans should be consulted for ideas, and they should be consulted to "sign off" (for want of a better phrase) on the final product. That's about it

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ingers said:

SFcVn34.png

This is really wild.

If the club unveiled something like this I think it would get a negative reaction...but I bet it's STILL better than the blue wank we're about to christen as our new badge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is really wild.

If the club unveiled something like this I think it would get a negative reaction...but I bet it's STILL better than the blue wank we're about to christen as our new badge.

It’s gold on claret.. rather than yellow on light blue… it’s already an improvement.

Not great either though 😆 I think he’s already landed on one or two designs that most, if not all, fans could get on board with.

16 hours ago, Ingers said:

F1ia8Qr.png

A bit late, but as requested from @fightoffyour and @Stephen_Evans

Stephen, I don't think the middle one works cutting off the claret border - so just a more plain old school 3rd one.... 

I think that last one would be fine by most, even if not ideally what some would want but vastly better than any of the other/previous options. Possibly a good compromise.

First one is too old fashioned and has too much blank space. I can see the appeal though.

Yeah that claret gap or border on the second is a bit weird.

Edited by Jas10

Â