Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I was deleting old images from my phone and found this. I hope the mods don't mind me posting it here?

I still think the round badge was far superior to the Lerner shield. When you see them side by side it really is striking.

If they wanted to salvage a win from this whole thing I think a new shield using the colour from the round badge would have been a compromise people could have got behind.

Screenshot_20240402_221149_Gallery.jpg

Correct

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I was deleting old images from my phone and found this. I hope the mods don't mind me posting it here?

I still think the round badge was far superior to the Lerner shield. When you see them side by side it really is striking.

If they wanted to salvage a win from this whole thing I think a new shield using the colour from the round badge would have been a compromise people could have got behind.

Screenshot_20240402_221149_Gallery.jpg

The round badge isn’t perfect, but it’s absolutely miles better than the Lerner shield and any of the leaked new designs we’ve seen

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can as Heck has been useless since he has arrived.

Except for the Adidas deal, which is significant. 

• Like 1

And the Betano deal. Yes, he has a very favorable wind with Unai doing the hard work on the pitch but the deals still have to get done. We have to be fair and complement the positive on the commercial side and can then also acknowledge the complete and utter shitting of the bed with the crest,  stadium plan and wider fan and employee relations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

And the Betano deal. Yes, he has a very favorable wind with Unai doing the hard work on the pitch but the deals still have to get done. We have to be fair and complement the positive on the commercial side and can then also acknowledge the complete and utter shitting of the bed with the crest,  stadium plan and wider fan and employee relations. 

The problem is there far more bad than good. And, with the caveat of us being a top 4 club, the good just feels like him being gifted open goals rather than actually delivering something.

I want him to be good,  as it means we don't have to fire and pay him off, but I've yet to see anything from him, that is independently attributable to him, that I like.

You forgot AU50 as well.

The crest situation is probably his most egregious failure though, given the track record he came with from the 76ers

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

The adidas deal was anything but an open goal. Yes, Nas had connections but to do that at pace in a couple of months and hopefully get next years kit delivered on time is the definition of complex. Look at the lead time Newcastle gave themselves when announcing their switch to adidas and they didn’t have the castore car crash we had to deal with.

I’ve been deeply critical of Heck re the other areas that you have highlighted but we have to be fair and not diminish outcomes that deserve praise. Also on the crest, one can only hope that the feedback from the leak has been taken onboard and that the lengthy delay is down to further refinement to ensure that it will meet expectations. Yes, I know that I’m being overly optimistic!

Edited by DakotaVilla

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of improving our badge and branding and we send Martinez out wearing a shirt that has the lion upside down... How does that happen, and how does it make it not just onto any replica shirt, but one we're sending a player out to wear in the Premier League.

**** hell, Castore.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

All this talk of improving our badge and branding and we send Martinez out wearing a shirt that has the lion upside down... How does that happen, and how does it make it not just onto any replica shirt, but one we're sending a player out to wear in the Premier League.

**** hell, Castore.

Undeniably Heck's fault.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

**** hell, Castore.

That's the new badge then, sneaking it out without a big fan fare

• Haha 4

Obviously Castore take a lot of the blame for producing it in the first place.

But did the club simply not have another shirt available? When did they first realise the mistake? It’s all a bit shoddy.

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Obviously Castore take a lot of the blame for producing it in the first place.

But did the club simply not have another shirt available? When did they first realise the mistake? It’s all a bit shoddy.

That's a kit man failure. Even if Castore send you an on-field kit with a badge issue, there's a solution for that.

• Like 1

Now with Betano deal being released (link below), I'm hoping the Adidas deal confirmation will follow shortly, then the new badge 🤞

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/22/aston-villa-and-betano-announce-principal-partnership-/

Aston Villa and Kaizen Gaming, the leading global GameTech operator, are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see Betano, Kaizen Gaming’s premium brand, become the Club’s new principal and front-of-shirt partner.

Hot on the heels of Betano’s UK market debut in partnership with BVGroup, the two-year agreement will see the Betano logo feature on the front of Aston Villa’s men's team’s jerseys starting from the 2024-25 season. This new partnership comes just a few weeks after Betano’s sponsorship announcements of the UEFA EURO 2024 and CONMEBOL Copa America 2024.

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

**** hell, Castore.

Maybe he was in distress and it was intentional as a call for help?

• Haha 1

Â