Tyler Adams

Wes

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Didn't this guy play really really well against us last season and everyone was raving about him after the game?

He impressed me that day but its literally the only time I've seen him play. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Think he's a good player. Would be a useful addition but not one that's particularly exciting. 

Buckle up, these are the types of players Emery/Monchi will be targeting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Think he's a good player. Would be a useful addition but not one that's particularly exciting. 

We've just hired the king of finding rough diamonds. 

Don't expect Galacticos, it's not how we're going to operate. 

• Like 4

Seen a lot of Tyler Adams, as an American myself.

Hes very good. He's Marv with more technical ability. Not sure where he fits, to be honest, as he needs more minutes for the next USMNT team, and he's likely captain material soon enough. Needs minutes to beat out McKinnie.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not sure why we would be interested in Adams, when I watched him for Leeds he’s no better than Dendoncker.

No offense. But the clubs scouting and data analysis along with Emery and his team. I believe they might be better placed than you on the relative quality of Adam's and Dendoncker. 

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I think we have to remember that what we as supporters think we need and what Unai thinks we need squad-wise are 2 very different things.

I've never been more relaxed about a Villa manager getting it right. Of course, I have my own opinions but looking forward to seeing Unai and Monchi doing their thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He impressed me that day but its literally the only time I've seen him play. 

Seen him quite a few times and one of the few players in the Leeds team that can hold his head up high  Similar to Gueye for us the season we went down. 

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Seen a lot of Tyler Adams, as an American myself.

Hes very good. He's Marv with more technical ability. Not sure where he fits, to be honest, as he needs more minutes for the next USMNT team, and he's likely captain material soon enough. Needs minutes to beat out McKinnie.

He's not competing with McKinnie in the USA squad...  He's competing with Yunus Musah of Valencia.  McKinnie is an 8, Adams is a 6, hence the reason they've both started in the midfield together most games these past few years.  

Team USA played some of the best football I've seen them play in years against Mexico and Canada this month and it was with Musah in the defensive midfield spot instead of Adams.  I also don't rate him very highly either, but he has all the defensive qualities of Adams, but better distribution at times.  Then again, the ridiculously stupid decision to bring back Gregg Berhalter as the national team manager probably means Adams will go back to being an automatic starter once he's fit again.  

IDK...  Maybe I'm just a self hating American, but the only American players I rate right now are Pulisic and Reyna.  American soccer fans and the media over here are so desperate to have a big star to call our own that they over hype everyone who gets a move to Europe.  The midfield trio of Adams, McKinnie, and Aaronson got Leeds relegated and goes to show that they're all very limited in what they do.  I don't see Adams being more than cover for Kamara at Villa, but if Emery wants him I'll back him to succeed here, same with Tielemans.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Those two posts make zero sense.

Why would we be negotiating with Leeds if he has a clause in his contract?

They're not going to accept any less than that, as its probably already below his actual value.

We have to negotiate with Leeds. We need to trigger his release clause and then be permitted by them to work on personal terms with the player. 

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No offense. But the clubs scouting and data analysis along with Emery and his team. I believe they might be better placed than you on the relative quality of Adam's and Dendoncker. 

Completely agree and that’s why you’ll find that I said above if Emery wants him then I’m good with it.  I just don’t think Emery is in for him especially after getting Tielemans.  We’ve probably enquired on dozens of players, doesn’t mean we are going to the next step with any of them yet rumours will make more of it than there is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have to negotiate with Leeds. We need to trigger his release clause and then be permitted by them to work on personal terms with the player. 

Yeah, but that's hardly a negotiation that needs to" begin". It just happens. 

However, it was explained that the structure of the fee that meets the clause will need to be agreed, so guess that requires a level of negotiation. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree and that’s why you’ll find that I said above if Emery wants him then I’m good with it.  I just don’t think Emery is in for him especially after getting Tielemans.  We’ve probably enquired on dozens of players, doesn’t mean we are going to the next step with any of them yet rumours will make more of it than there is.

Yeah given how much we all trust Emery and his track record of singing players and getting the most out of them at Villarreal and Moreno for us.

For me this is a Dendoncker out and Adams in. What will be interesting is the prices both players go for. That's key in this for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, but that's hardly a negotiation that needs to" begin". It just happens. 

However, it was explained that the structure of the fee that meets the clause will need to be agreed, so guess that requires a level of negotiation. 

We need to find out the release clause. If we need to pay all up front and if there is a deadline etc.. 

I thought he'd played at right back way more than he actually has according to Transfermarkt. 4 times in the Bundesliga and then about 10-15 more times across MLS and international friendlies.

Â