Tyler Adams

Wes

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't really need him but he's good. Would completely block Tim's pathway though

It's one of the things that concern me about Emery/Monchi. Will they be patient enough to give our homegrown kids a fair shot..

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's one of the things that concern me about Emery/Monchi. Will they be patient enough to give our homegrown kids a fair shot..

Emery brought Saliba, Martinelli & ESR through at Arsenal, i have no doubt that if our youth players are good enough, he will give them time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems he's played 40+ games at RM or RB according to transfermarkt so he might be one to play as a RB who comes into midfield while also being able to play as the CDM or RM if we are closing out a game.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not really, they were together a lot but mixed in with Buendia as well.  Also Ramsey and McGinn played more often on the same pitch when Kamara was injured.  Aren’t also assuming the wide role you mention will be taken up by a new player given we are trying to buy attacking players? Anyway moving from the topic, I just don’t get what Adams offers that adds to the midfield options we already have.  Some people will agree we me, some won’t.  Emery wants him, then I’m ok with that, just can’t see he will want him imo especially as we’ve just signed Tielemans, just seems like Adams was back up plan.

Sort of the point I was trying to make regarding options. More often than not they were on the pitch at once but yes I agree with you that was partly down to lack of options. I don’t mind Tyler Adams he doesn’t excite my either, it wouldn’t surprise if Emery signed him but I also don’t believe there are enough concrete links for this thread to be threadworthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Type "tyler adams" into google news search and he's being linked with Brighton.  I guarantee you the people complaining about us signing him, would be the same people saying "why do we never sign these players Brighton sign" 🤣

I agree with a lot of stuff you say but this isn’t the typical Brighton signing tbf 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Seems he's played 40+ games at RM or RB according to transfermarkt so he might be one to play as a RB who comes into midfield while also being able to play as the CDM or RM if we are closing out a game.

I really cannot imagine him as a RM. Defensive RB in a pinch, maybe, but he's at his best as a ball winning CDM

Just now, MSvillain said:

He’s not a 16 year old from Venezuela?

i see your point, but Brighton have made quite a few domestic moves in recent years.

• Joao Pedro - Watford - 30m
  • Milner - Liverpool - Free
  • Gilmour - Chelsea - 6m
  • Welbeck - Watford - Free
  • Lallana - Liverpool - Free
  • Webster - Bristol - 20m
  • Maupay - Brentford - 14m
  • Clarke - Portsmouth - 3m
  • Lamptey - Chelsea - 1m

So although, ye they have got a reputation in recent years for intelligent international purchases, they certainly aren't averse to signing domestic players.

I can't claim to know a huge amount about him but for whatever reason, the idea of signing this guy just does not appeal to me. I've never heard people talking about him as a stand out player in matches, he would be 4th or 5th choice in his position and I just don't see the point of this transfer. I understand that not every signing needs to be exciting and high profile but I just am not feeling this link. Maybe it's because our obvious requirements are at the other end of the pitch and we don't seem to be having a lot of luck in that department. Another defensive midfielder when we already have eight players that can play there is not the transfer news I want to hear.

Goal scoring attacking midfielder/deep lying striker/winger to compete with Buendia/Bailey

Another striker to compete with Ollie

Hard working attacking midfielder to compete with McGinn and Ramsey

Another right back to compete with Cash

Those are our priority signings in my mind. The following are less important but would, of course, be nice.

Replacement back up keeper to replace Olsen

Additional top quality centre back to replace Chambers and Hause

Nowhere in that list is another defensive midfielder to compete with Kamara, Dendoncker, Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, Nakamba, Chambers and Iroegbunam.

• Like 1

Not as good technically as Sanson. Less of a brick stopper than Donk. Safer in possession Nakamba.

He's a good player but not sure this is where we should be spending at all until others areas are sorted. Hopefully they are closer than it seems.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not as good technically as Sanson. Less of a brick stopper than Donk. Safer in possession Nakamba.

He's a good player but not sure this is where we should be spending at all until others areas are sorted. Hopefully they are closer than it seems.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Do we really need another midfielder? 

Versatile player - RB/CM, makes sense.

Â